• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry while on vacation tip.....

MidgeD79

It's a Small World summer of 2017
I bought a pack of 25 Purex clothes that go in your laundry. It has soap, softner, and anti-static componets on one cloth. It cost around $5.75 I think it's perfect for vacation.:cool1:

I bought those, too! I do laundry just about every day, at Disney. These look like a great alternative to the bottle of liquid laundry detergent I was going to pack. Hopefully they work!

6 days!

Great idea. I'm going to look for these tomorrow at the store. Such a better idea than packing a bottle of detergent. :worship:

We (I) usually do laundry once on vacation, about 2 or 3 days before we're scheduled to come back home. We don't pack laundry detergent or dryer sheets but we always buy those things when we arrive. I definitely plan to pick up some of those Purex 3-in-1's. They look and seem very convenient.

I bought a pack of 25 Purex clothes that go in your laundry. It has soap, softner, and anti-static componets on one cloth. It cost around $5.75 I think it's perfect for vacation.:cool1:

I actually noticed the ad for the Purex cloths for the first time last night! Please let us know how well they work because it looks like a fantastic idea for vacation laundry!

I just picked these up and tried them on a load of towels. Worked great...got the spring smelling one (there is a "pure and clean one"), and laundry smells clean and good. The container they come is is somewhat bulky...we'll only be at Disney for 10 days, so I can' imagine doing more than 10 loads of laundry; won't need the whole pack.

Purex link

-Play the demo
-Click Next
-Click Learn More

A coupon for $1.00 off should appear.

My Wal-Mart had the plastic box of sheets and a thinner package, of refills.

Since I don't plan on buying them again, except every June, for Disney trips, I just bought the package of refills. I figured that will take up less room in the suitcase.

5 days!:yay:

I'm going to have look for these--they'd be much more convenient than hauling a bunch of pre-measured plastic baggies of powdered detergent that I always worry will break open in the suitcase. We'll be there for 3 weeks this time, so I'll definitely become good friends with the laundry room!

Because my family has sensitive skin, we can't use the nifty Purex sheets - nor can we use the Tide that is sold for ridiculously inflated prices at the resorts.
We use a recycled water bottle to hold the liquid detergent we use at home. We measure each load's worth into the bottle and mark it off with a sharpie so we know how much to use for each load.
It is just good flying practice to also put it in a ziplock, just in case of leaks.

Do these work well in cold water?

I have a few samples that I planned to use during our upcoming trip, but I'm just not sure how well the detergent dissolves.

We used these on our trip. As far as dissolviing the detergent, just make sure you put the sheet in and let the water fill BEFORE adding your clothes. It says this on the package and it worked fine for us. We always wash in cold water so I don't think that makes a difference, as long as you load the clothes last.

Because my family has sensitive skin, we can't use the nifty Purex sheets - nor can we use the Tide that is sold for ridiculously inflated prices at the resorts.
We use a recycled water bottle to hold the liquid detergent we use at home. We measure each load's worth into the bottle and mark it off with a sharpie so we know how much to use for each load.
It is just good flying practice to also put it in a ziplock, just in case of leaks.

We do to and we have a newborn, purex makes the free and clear ones like this too if this helps

Just bought them for our trip too!

We travel quite frequently and generally travel with just hand luggage so I can't take liquid detergent with us. I have used these the last 3 times we travel and love them!

I just add them before the water and they work fine.

We just returned from a 15 day trip and did laundry 3 times. I used the Purex sheets for the first time and liked them.

I did some loads with just cold water and the sheets worked fine.

I brought my own Snuggle sheets from home to use and was glad I did. I didn't think there was enough fabric softener left in the Purex sheets after the washing.

I used the free and clear purex sheets in August. I thought they did pretty good. I just had to do a couple of loads, but they worked perfectly for vacation. I would totally recommend them to anyone.

They work great. We used the 3 in 1 sheets last year and Im getting another box this year. Im thrilled the price dropped to $5. They used to be a lot more.

I can't wait to use these. With a family of 4 I do laundry at least every other day when we're at WDW. I'm so glad to read that they really work. This will be so much easier to pack! Thanks for the info!

I got a couple of freebies of the purex laundry sheets for my daughter. (next trip is a mother/daughter only) I am highly allergic to so many things I am afraid to try them, but I had thought how great they would be for Disney trips. I will have to stick to my old tried and true tide, but for the rest of the family, I think they are the best idea out there.

Before someone suggests it, I am afraid to try any new detergent, did it many yrs ago and I have a very misserable 2 months of healing, skin was completely raw from head to toe, everyplace any fabric touched me, everyplace! Will not take the chance again!:scared1:

:) Like you DH and I will be taking our own laundry detergent and leaving it in our OL. We use the free and clear Tide and Bounce free. I had read that the Purex may cause oily spots on clothes but havent read this in a while....and this is a thread from last year. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter