laundry tabs anywhere?

I picked up a small bottle of Tide Lqu. at the dollar store. It might have been 12 or so oz. It did 3+ loads.
I don't want to do more than that!! :rotfl2:

I put it into a zip lock bag BUT it did not leak as it was new-sealed.

I plan to do the same for future trips. The dollar store sells lots of brand named stuff in smaller sizes.

abitjaded said:
I always used to leave a couple in the stored suitcases as mouse deterrent. Our closet in the basement where we store the luggage was always the way the dirty little things got in the house in winter (sorry, Minnie and Mickey, love some mice but I hate it when they poop in my suitcase).

Carla

Um, Tag Fairy, are you reading this???? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You've done it now, Carla! :lmao:

Nah, Cindi. The tag fairy caught me a long time ago when I said something stupid. Then when the DIS added my sponsorship it went bye-bye.

Mickey and Minnie's relatives even have nested in my ski boots. Now that was gross. My boots still reek because someone suggested putting coffee in them to rid them of the mouse smell. But even more than mouse deterrent I need rabbit deterrent right now. Our neighborhood is a strange pocket of wildlife in the center of town. We used to have foxes and coyotes. They seem to be gone, chased out by the build out of the vacant pockets of land. Now I cannot even pull the weeds with my bare hands because each little weed patch is fertilized by rabbit poop. If Tag Fairy dust chased the rabbits away, now you'd be talking. Or even better, if Tag Fairy dust was a birth control device. I watch three or four of the little buggers jumping up and down, nose to nose, "Hi, what is your name? Wanna have some fun and make some little baby rabbits?... Sure, let's have TEN." Mouse poop in the winter, rabbit poop in the summer. The little buggers even rooted in every empty pot on the decks trying to get at the frozen roots left over from ornamental sweet potatoes. But less messy than raccoon dissections of the fish pond. Yuck.

I would love to try the packets of liquid detergent, which I have seen in the stores here, but am afraid they would end up exploding or imploding in the suitcase. We live at high altitude and weird expansion and contraction happens to stuff in the suitcases. Anyone from high altitude tried transporting them? I used to wrap that sort of stuff in disposable diapers. But, thank heavens, my guys are long past that.

Carla

abitjaded said:
I would love to try the packets of liquid detergent, which I have seen in the stores here, but am afraid they would end up exploding or imploding in the suitcase. We live at high altitude and weird expansion and contraction happens to stuff in the suitcases. Anyone from high altitude tried transporting them? I used to wrap that sort of stuff in disposable diapers. But, thank heavens, my guys are long past that.

Carla
I just got of the phone with the company that makes the drops. They said they have had a couple of them leak when they shipped to California (2 or 3 out of 30 cases) but not when shipping to Florida. They are going to send me a couple of zip-lock pouches that are made to hold a drop. That way if they do burst it will be contained in the baggie and still be usable. I never thought about the affect of altitude on these when I bought them.

I bought them for a WDW trip 4 years ago and they were great. 2 years ago I needed them again for a WDW trip and couldn't find them anywhere, so I e-mailed the company, and they said they no longer manufactured them. I had also posted a question here on the Disboards, and people who could still find them really had to search. Well, I went on a mission, and tried every drug store, convenience store, supermarket and discount store until I found them. I got the last 2 boxes :woohoo: from a local Eckard drug store. I still have them for this years trip, and now no longer "use them in a pinch" for my laundry here at home. They are strickly for the Disney trips.

After reading a thread on this topic here on DIS back in approximately fall 2004, I went to Big Lots and found a pretty large package of the discontinued Tide tablets. Brought for emergency use (and they got used) on a pair of DCL cruises in 2005, and hope to make the supply last as long as possible. Prior to my 2003 DCL cruise I bought Wisk brand tablets in the supermarket and brought them for that cruise--I believe that brand too has discontinued the tablets.

I also pack a roll of quarters along with the ziploc bags of dryer sheets and the tablet packets inside a ziploc as well.

I have back to back trips to two different parts of FLA later this month, first Destin and then Sunny Isles, first business and then family--won't have a chance to get home in between, so I will pack a few tablets and sheets because we have a washer dryer in our suite on the second trip, so I can use the same clothes for both trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter