Laundry Service and Facilities at Beach Club?

MTMom

Disney Addict
Can anyone tell me what the options are at Beach Club for laundry services? What are the prices? Has anyone used it?

Also, do they have self-service machines anywhere on property? Do they work well?

Can anyone tell me what the options are at Beach Club for laundry services? What are the prices? Has anyone used it?

Also, do they have self-service machines anywhere on property? Do they work well?

I wish I'd saved the slip.... for the send out laundering services with mousekeeping, I remember it as being quite $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$... something like $5 for a single t-shirt or something like that?? Needless to say, we never used it :rotfl: :rotfl:

They do have self-service machines... not many. They are located near the quiet pool and are always being used during the day/evening. In 12/04, we ran out of clothes 1/2 way through the trip (2 messy kids=2-3 clothing changes per day-I didn't pack enough! LOL! :rotfl: ) After numerous attempts over 2 days to get a washing machine without success (there are only about 6-8 washers/dryers), I got a wake-up call for 4am one morning so I could go down and do laundry while DH slept soundly in the room along with our girls :rotfl: Had the place to myself :rotfl: and got it all done by 6:00am when everyone got up and got ready to go to the parks :laughing:

Would imagine people are packing lighter these days and opting to do laundry!

Most airlines are charging for 2nd checked bag!!!

Glad you fit in the laundry instead of wasting valuable vaca time!:goodvibes :goodvibes

are there many machines in the laundromat? we always do laundry half-way thru our trip, and traveling w/an infant means we'll be doing laundry more than once, most likely...
oh, well... i'll do it during nap or pool time :)

They have 2 machines and 2 dryers inside the BC resort that are free. On the first floor near the back stairwell. Not many people know about them. ;) There is also a pop machine in there. (the only one I could find anywhere!!) I spent about 2 hours one night while everyone was asleep doing laundry at like 3:00 AM. :laughing: I just brought a book with me. :)

I believe the 'free' washers/dryers are specifically for the use of the Beach Club Villas. DVC resorts provide them for members staying in studios that do not have a stackable washer/dryer combo in the unit.:) Of course, if they're not marked as such, well...

if the free washers/dryers are in the main bldg, not in the dvc area, how are they intended for dvc members/guests? that would make no sense... of course, if they are in the dvc area of the resort, well, then, i can understand it...
regardless, i will bring my quarters and my detergent and hope for the best!

I do not know for sure that the free washers/dryers are located in the main building. I do know, however, that all of the DVC resorts have a small laundry area, 2-4 washers & dryers, that are provided for members as I indicated previously.

It does not make sense to me that Beach Club, of all the many and varied Disney resorts, would provide free washers/dryers for the general resort. My supposition would be that those are the washers/dryers for the BCV.

In any event, quarters and detergent would certainly be a good plan.:)

If you have to leave the BC proper, and head out via the walkway to BCV and that's where you find the 'free' washers/dryers, then they are for DVC use only. But, if you are still within the confines of BC and you find free washers/dryers, then go for it.
Those 'free' laundry facilities over at the BCV are not what I would call free. My dues pay for them each month!! I sometimes wish Disney/DVC would put locks on the doors that open with a key card. I tend to get nervous in the laundry facilities that are easily accessible to the public in the DVC resorts.

If you have to leave the BC proper, and head out via the walkway to BCV and that's where you find the 'free' washers/dryers, then they are for DVC use only. But, if you are still within the confines of BC and you find free washers/dryers, then go for it.
Those 'free' laundry facilities over at the BCV are not what I would call free. My dues pay for them each month!! I sometimes wish Disney/DVC would put locks on the doors that open with a key card. I tend to get nervous in the laundry facilities that are easily accessible to the public in the DVC resorts.

Diane, there is a lock on the BCV laundry room as I recall....at least I sure think so!

The self-service washers are $2 per load and $2 for 30 minutes of drying time. Jeans or other heavy fabrics probably will require extra drying time. Watch the dryer temperature if you're laundering delicate fabrics--most people turn them up to the highest heat.

Valet service laundry is expensive. I had a list from 2004--something on the order of $2.50 for a pair of mens briefs or ladies panties. You get the idea. Probably more expensive now. But if it fits your budget and needs, go for it! I have a frugal soul that would hound me forever if I did something like that! *LOL*

Exactly my point goofy4tink. :thumbsup2

I am also a DVC owner at both BWV and VWL and am somewhat bothered by the misconception that the washers/dryers are "free". As much as I love the world I think we're all pragmatic enough to realize that nothing is "free" when visiting the mouse. :earsboy:

Here is what the costs were at WL/VWL in November 06 when we went:

Dry Cleaning
Suits 11.50
3 PC Suits 12.00
Coats 8.00
Pants 6.50
Jackets 7.50
Overcoats 12.50
Shirts 6.25
Sweaters 7.50
Ties 3.50
Blouses 6.25
Dresses 11.60
Gowns/Jumpsuits 20.00+

Laundry
Shirts 5.50 (you can request heavy starch, folded, light starch, hangers, no starch)
Pants 6.50
Socks 2.00
Undershorts/panties 2.00
T-shirts 4.50
Sweatsuit 7.50
Pajamas 6.00
Undershirts & Bras 2.00
Handkerchiefs 2.00
Blouses 5.50
Slips 4.50
Nightgowns 6.00
Tennis shorts 5.00
Knit shirt 5.00

Plus an environmental surcharge
Liability limited to 10 times the dry cleaning charge.
Not responsible for buttons, ornaments and zippers.

Items received by 8:30AM will be ready by 6:30PM

Silks, linens and pleats 50% surcharge; lined +1.00; minimum charge $5.00; shirts folded on request +10% surcharge; press only 75% of dry cleaning charge.

To the OP, the Beach Club does have a fairly large laundromat located at the Beach Club Quiet Pool. It is the pool area one walks by when going over to Epcot. There are several washers and dryers in this building and never a wait for a machine.

Have Fun

MsA

Diane, there is a lock on the BCV laundry room as I recall....at least I sure think so!

Ahh, good. There wasn't when I was there several years ago. Or at least it wasn't functioning. I realize there have actually been guide books that tell people about the DVC laundry rooms and where to find them in order to save some cash.

I realize there have actually been guide books that tell people about the DVC laundry rooms and where to find them in order to save some cash.

You are kidding me!!! What ever happened to ethics?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter