• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry question

Michigandermom

Earning My Ears
I will be staying at the HRH and have read in earlier posts that the laundry facilities at the HRH are not too good. Does anybody know of a nearby laundrymat? Also, what does the hotel charge for send-out laundry? Probably a lot! Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are leaving in 4 days and I want to get all of my plans in order.

Last time we stayed at Portofino, 2000 drove over to Disney Dixie Landings and used their Washers and Dryers. Plenty to choose from.

I will be staying at the HRH and have read in earlier posts that the laundry facilities at the HRH are not too good.

There are two laundry rooms at HRH with two washer/dryer combos in each. The machines work great and are $1.75 each for wash or dry.

They obviously get busy but it has nothing to do with good or not. They are great if not crowded but even if you wait or have to come back at a quiter time it is still easier and less time consuming then schlepping your laundry out of the hotel.

Our recent experience was that the 4 washers and dryers in the entire HRH was ALWAYS being used, with people waiting in line and trying to beat someone else by checking the time on the washer and getting back to the room before the time was up to find someone else waiting before you. I HAD to do laundry and found the only time was way after midnight and I got done with my 2 loads shortly after 3 am. It seemed after 1am no one was using the laundry room. At least they are open 24 hours. I would also like to add that one room had no table to fold and no chair but had a working TV. The other room had a table, no chair and no working TV. Now these things might change. The washer and dryer worked fine, they just need more and a couple of chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter