Laundry question

cmsb

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We will be cruising on the Fantasy this summer. Does anyone know how much the charge is for the self-service washers and dryers? We will be at Disney the week before and I'm trying to figure out if it will be cheaper to do our laundry at AoA or on the ship.

Thank you!!

It is either $2 or $2.5 per load, per machine. I don't recall exactly which but want to say $2.50. So to wash and dry a load would be $5. You can purchase detergent and dryer sheets on board ($2 a box) or bring your own. A lot of people bring Tide Pods in their carry-on and a small travel box of dryer sheets. We leave any extras for our stateroom host(ess) to use on their personal laundry.

It is either $2 or $2.5 per load, per machine. I don't recall exactly which but want to say $2.50. So to wash and dry a load would be $5. You can purchase detergent and dryer sheets on board ($2 a box) or bring your own. A lot of people bring Tide Pods in their carry-on and a small travel box of dryer sheets. We leave any extras for our stateroom host(ess) to use on their personal laundry.

I believe you're right on the pricing. We also bring our own sheets and travel size detergent. Love the idea of giving extras to stateroom host/hostess.

I would probably be doing it the first night on the ship, so it may not be too crowded then. If it is the same price at the hotel, I may do it there. Thank you so much for the information!!

When I was on a 7 day on the fantasy we were right across the hall from the laundry room which was quite magical, but I found that because of all the time zone changes, and my general ability of waking up early for work, I was waking up at 6:30am everyday. The laundry room was totally empty the two times I did laundry and the one time I had to iron for formal night, so if you (or someone in your party) is an early riser, I suggest around then :thumbsup2 For reference, this was the one in the very back of the ship on deck 5. It had almost equal amounts of washers and dryers.

It was $2 per washer and $2 per dryer when I was on the Fantasy in January. Never had an issue with the laundry rooms being crowded and never had to wait for a machine. I ended up in there 3x, since we were on when the Seahawks beat the 49ers in the playoffs and dh and my boys wanted their seahawks shirts washed to keep wearing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter