laundry facilities at Pop

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by beanjean, May 16, 2007.

1. beanjean

beanjean Mouseketeer

I leave in 2 days for Pop and have started packing. I think I am taking too much stuff. I am thinking of packing only half of the days that I am going to be there and just use the laundry facility to wash and rewear clothes so that I don't have to take as much. I am wondering if they stay packed or if there are plenty of washers and dryers to use.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. jonslola

jonslola Mouseketeer

I'm interested too, I never thought to ask about if the laundry facilities were very busy.

4. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

We were just at Pop & I never had a problem getting a washer/dryer. They have them by the quiet pools & the main pool.

Kae

5. Wendy1953

Wendy1953 Wendy's Mom

Not sure of how many there are in each laundry facility there, but the one by the bowling pin pool looked like it had at least 4 or five of each in it. the trick is to find a time when no one else is going to do their wash....early, early in the am, not around lunch time then people come to use the pool and do their laundry at the same time!

6. DizznyChick

DizznyChick DIS Veteran

i had to use the laundry facility the day beofore the hurricane hit last summer and it was PACKED !!
    i should have went without doing the laundry
    but i did do a few loads a few days before that and had no problem with crowds
    it depends on the time you go

7. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

I always do laundry on WDW vacations. I have done laundry at Pop Century several times. I would say there are about 10 washers and maybe a dozen dryers. Its $2 to wash and $2 to dry. They sell soap and fab softner. The ones by the quiet pools seem to be less crowded than the main pool one. But even at that one I have never had a problem getting machines. Oh, they have change machines too. Happy washing! :laundy:

8. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info!

9. kdkbrebel

kdkbrebel DIS Veteran

thanks for posting, I needed this info as well.:goodvibes

10. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and

I used the machine at Pop on my most recent trip to wash some of my favorite garments to wear again later in the week. I forget what day we did the wash but we did it around 5pm and it was not really busy.

Knox