Laundry detergent in carryon?

heidiboo

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if I can pack liquid laundry detergent in a tote bag that I will have with me on the plane? I don't want to put it with my checked baggage just in case a top would come loose! Thanks for your help! :cool1:

I packed laundry soap in my checked bag. I put it in a travel bottle and then placed it in a ziploc bag. I had no spills. Have a great trip :cool1:

I have placed the liquid tide (travel size from target) in a ziplock bag in our checked luggage no problems..

What I did was measure out the amount needed for a load and pour it in a ziploc bag, I took 4 little bags for 4 loads. Then I put the little bags in 2 larger ziplock bags that way if there were any leaks it would be inside the larger bags. Never had a problem with this in my checked luggage, don't forget to put a little baggie with some dryer sheets in too..
I have started using All ultra and it takes a really small amount for a load and works very well.

Bev

We packed the travel bottle (from Target) of liquid Tide last year and took the same precautions to seal it in a baggie. It was in my checked luggage and I had no problem.

This year, I was fortunate enough to find the little single-load boxes of Tide at a nearby Safeway. This is the same size box you would get out of a laundromat vending machine. The boxes were in the travel section of the store and cost 79 cents each, which means doing more than one load of laundry would cost more than with the liquid (two loads with powder would cost $1.58 because I would need two of the small boxes, but two loads with liquid would cost 99 cents, and I think theres enough liquid for 4 or 6 loads). But, the boxes are lighter and IF they should spill it would not be as messy as a liquid. Plus, if TSA should randomly pick my suitcase to search, the detergent is in a clearly marked and sealed box so it is easily identified as harmless.

We took powdered laundry detergeny in our checked bag. We had it in ziploc bags and then inside one of those disposable Gladware plastic containers...just in case :)

I took a small box of powdered laundry soap that I bought at the Dollar Tree. It was more than enought for our trip, and I just left behind what we did not use. That way it was still in it's original container. I still put it in a ziploc bag so it did not leak out. It was Purex brand. Not what I use at home, but sufficient.

I brought the powder just in case..

I usually buy liquid for the house, but got a small powder box and scooped out into sandwich sized zip lock bags single load sized scoops. Then I put these into a larger ziplock with some dryer sheets.

I read someone went to their local laundry place and bought a couple of individual boxes and packed those...

:laundy: I have been dying to use this little guys :laundy:

In all my years of travelling I have found things leak and get broken more in my carry on than in my checked bags! I guess things are secure and padded in the checked bags and get jostled and banged more in the carry on. I would check it and just bag it, than deal with a spill of detergent in my carry on.

I was thinking of bringing some liquid detergent along. But now I'm thinking it may be easier to just buy some at Disney. Don't they sell detergent at the laundry rooms at the resorts? We're at CBR. I will only need enough to do 1 or 2 loads.

Edited, found out the detergent is 1$ at the resort laundry rooms.

Found the travel-size Tide at Target. It's $.99 and the container says that it does 4 loads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter