Laundry Detergent/Alergy

Mike77

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know what type of detergent is available at the WL self service laundry. We can only use Dye & Scent free due to kids alergy's.

Thank's

I am not sure what is available sorry! But, my DS also has allergies and we have to use dye and scent free detergent as well. For our vacations we use the Purex sheets, they are easy to pack and work great. Here is a link:
http://www.purex.com/products/detergents/purex-complete-3-in-1#pure-clean

*Just wanted to add that that link shows the regular detergent but it is available in their "pure and clean" variety which has no scents or dyes.*

Does anyone know what type of detergent is available at the WL self service laundry. We can only use Dye & Scent free due to kids alergy's.

Thank's

you should prob pack your own, I think I recall tide and they are prob the same at all the resorts.
With any allergy, I say best to be prepared with what you need. ;)

Have a great trip. :wizard:

Our choices at two different resorts (but not WL) have been Wisk or Tide. No dye/scent free options.

Thank you.

I think the Purex sheets would be great.

We packed a small box of Scent & Dye free powder on our last trip. In checked bags, TSA opened up the suit case they would not let it on the plane.

I guess bringing powders or liquid in a packed suitecase is a big No NO.

This brings up a very interesting and perhaps VERY important question for the highly allergic.

What laundry detergent does Disney's Textile Services use for the cleaning of bed linens and towels?

I suppose you could demand the linens not be changed for your entire stay, but what about towels?

This brings up a very interesting and perhaps VERY important question for the highly allergic.

What laundry detergent does Disney's Textile Services use for the cleaning of bed linens and towels?

I suppose you could demand the linens not be changed for your entire stay, but what about towels?

That is why we always pack 2 top sheets & pillow cases to cover the existing linens just in case. The hotels rearly use scented detergent, but they use ue starch & industrial chlorine bleach. that alone, combined with sensitive skin can be a problem.

But Towels are just washed in bleach no starch. The starch is the major culprit for us.

You guys are GREAT!!!!

Thanks for all of your help.

We have to use the dye and prefume free laundry soap as well. I have a grocey delivery so I just add it to our order. We have never had a problem with the Disney sheets and towles. The only thing I pack is a bar of soap and the dryer sheets. Have a great trip!

I bring my own sheets, blankets and wash the towels with the dye & scent free detergent. We are DVC'ers and have the washer/dryer in our room. We don't let housekeeping come in during our stays, only when we need the garbage taken out.

Thank you.

I think the Purex sheets would be great.

We packed a small box of Scent & Dye free powder on our last trip. In checked bags, TSA opened up the suit case they would not let it on the plane.

In your checked luggage they wouldn't let you carry liquids or powder? Or do you mean carry on?
I have taken small boxes of tide free & liquids in my checked luggage with no problems as I get samples. I don't put anything in non labels bottles or bags this way they know what in it. But who know no days. I know TSA is picky about carry ons but I was told to put it in my check bag :confused3

we did our laundry there but we brought our own.

we used powder at the time and just put the right amount into one of the small zip lock bags.

on the plus side of this it was all pre measured so if we knew we were doing 2 loads we just brought down 2 bags - easy as pie.

on the minus - i feared they would break in our luggage and not only had them packed in their own bags but put them in a larger heavy duty bag just in case.

i wouldn't do it with liquid though.

Did they leave a note stating this? How did you know what had happened?

There's nothing preventing us from putting liquids in checked bags (check out all the threads about checking bottles of water in luggage), and I could only imagine them not allowing powders when they don't know what it is.

We had a rental car so we just went and got some detergent... At home I use a Trader Joes powder with no scent etc. At home, Tide makes my skin go insane; it feels like I've washed my clothes in glass slivers. Same with a Costco supposedly-natural product scented with lavender... (strangely when I use Tide at my brother's place and at WDW I don't have a problem...strangest reaction/nonreaction EVER)

I haven't smelled anything on the sheets or towels, and my skin doesn't think it's being cut into ribbons, so for me at least it's not anything dreadful! I don't even smell bleach on the linens.

At the VWL last summer they had the small Tide boxes and I believe it was the regular kind, red box. This was in the Villas not sure if the laundry room would be the same.

Not at all. You can bring as much powdered detergent as you want in your carry-on. You will need to put any liquid detergent in a checked bag, unless it is in a container smaller than 3.4 ounces.

We brought those Purex sheets for our March '11 trip, and they worked great. But, prior to this, I've packed powdered laundry detergent in ziplock baggies, and have had absolutely no problem putting it in our checked luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter