• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry charges with new system

Sorry for the late post, but this thread was really helpful today! We were at PO-R the first week of April. Today I found a pending charge for Change Point Laundry service on my card and since we don't use a laundromat I assumed it was fraud, called the CC company, etc. After searching online a bit I found this thread and it appears it was a legit charge from my husband doing two loads at the resort (at the painful price of $12, which as per 2goofycampers's post adds up correctly) 39 (!!!) days ago. Next time we'll do as ForeverAlice suggests and bring along a Visa gift card. FWIW, hubby tried to use our Disney gift cards and Disney Visa Rewards cards in the machine and they wouldn't work.

Welcome DragginFly! I'm glad the Dis Camping Board was useful to you. Please feel free to join in.

We are here at the fort now and used the cc for the laundry, charges showed up right away

Here is an article from this summer about the new laundry system. Including the vendor website to use:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney-...high-tech-laundry-rooms-at-walt-disney-world/

My time with this new laundry system is coming so I am keeping notes....

Bama Ed

Nice article, I like the upgrade- that makes it much easier to put a load in and head to the pool and not leave your clothes taking up space when done!

One washer and 2 dryers in each laundry take quarters still. Total price per wash or dry is $3.00 each.

how interesting that it was $2 or $2.50 at other resorts and yet we have to bring our own towels, it is almost as if Disney anticipated the Fort using the washers more o_O

Hi - slightly off topic, I know, but saw1810 is in the perfect spot to answer my question.
What are the hours for the laundry stations at the campgrounds? The only answer I can find so far is that they are not open 24 hour.

TIA

Hi - slightly off topic, I know, but saw1810 is in the perfect spot to answer my question.
What are the hours for the laundry stations at the campgrounds? The only answer I can find so far is that they are not open 24 hour.

TIA
Unless they changed it, the laundry is open 24 hours (except for perhaps maintenance). You do, however need to be a guest there to use them. (they unlock with your MB). The restrooms that are at the same location are open without MB until late evening (not sure of the exact time, might be around 11 PM) at which time you need your MB to unlock them.

Unless they changed it, the laundry is open 24 hours (except for perhaps maintenance). You do, however need to be a guest there to use them. (they unlock with your MB). The restrooms that are at the same location are open without MB until late evening (not sure of the exact time, might be around 11 PM) at which time you need your MB to unlock them.

Thanks Peg!
We have an RV and made our reservation long ago. We will be there in June. As I recall, the laundry was open 24 hours the last time we were there, but two non-Disney-official sites both state the Comfort Stations are open 24 hours EXCEPT for laundry. So we're trying to figure out if it will be feasible to run a load some evening or if I need to plan serious laundry time. Can't find the answer anywhere - but I really do appreciate your help! :)

Thanks Peg!
We have an RV and made our reservation long ago. We will be there in June. As I recall, the laundry was open 24 hours the last time we were there, but two non-Disney-official sites both state the Comfort Stations are open 24 hours EXCEPT for laundry. So we're trying to figure out if it will be feasible to run a load some evening or if I need to plan serious laundry time. Can't find the answer anywhere - but I really do appreciate your help! :)
Okay... So after reading your post, I wanted to validate what I had said and was searching the web to confirm (or reject) what I had said. In all fairness, I have not gone to do laundry in the early Morning (or late evening) hours. So while searching, I see 2 non-disney sites report that the laundry is NOT 24 hours. (Sadly they were both wdwinfo.com which runs this board). I think the wording is a bit confusing and misleading.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/fort-wilderness-resort-campground/ said:
They have restrooms, private showers, laundry facilities, an ice maker, and phones. All but the laundry facilities are open 24 hours a day.
The ice makers and phones are OUTSIDE the comfort station and indeed are open 24 hours. The restrooms and showers are open without MB from 6 AM to Midnight and open for guests with their MB from Midnight to 6 AM.

The laundry is not "OPEN" at all to the extent that you need a MB to access the laundry at any time.

So to confirm this, I picked up the phone and called Fort Wilderness and talked to a nice CM and quite bluntly asked.... She advised me that the Laundry IS INDEED accessible (with MB) 24 hours a day.

Oh cool! I tried to call Disney and the wait time was so long I hung up. Thanks so much! I'm excited this won't cause us to change our park time plans. :)

Appreciate the help!

I tried to call Disney and the wait time was so long I hung up.
Didn't call the main number, I called the number to the FORT directly. Not reservations... I wasn't even going to try that.

FYI: Fort (407)-824-2900 Fort Fax (407)-824-3508

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter