Laundry at BLT

jessc79

Mouseketeer
We've never stayed in a studio before and we're staying in one at BLT next week. How does laundry work? Quarters? Is there soap/softener available to purchase? TIA.

We've never stayed in a studio before and we're staying in one at BLT next week. How does laundry work? Quarters? Is there soap/softener available to purchase? TIA.

If I remember correctly, it is on the first floor and it is free. You just need your KTTW to enter the room. They should have dispensers to purchase detergent. I'm not sure if it is HE or not. I know the washers and dryers in the villas are not HE.

If I remember correctly, it is on the first floor and it is free. You just need your KTTW to enter the room. They should have dispensers to purchase detergent. I'm not sure if it is HE or not. I know the washers and dryers in the villas are not HE.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Yep what D&B said. Right by one of the elevators.
The tv there was broken the last time we used it. But the dryers worked great! Not like some other dryers that take double the time to dry.

Yep first floor the mk side of the building. Just be aware, it is very common for people to put a wash in and walk away. We have waited an hour once for a lady to return from the pool to vacate the machine. We did have choice words.... Three non-HE machines and 6 gas dryers. They are free because they did not put washers/dryers in the studios (all of the rest of the room have units in their room). If you are pressed for time the CR does have a coin op laundry someplace by the convention center. Have a great time. We love blt, I am typing this sitting on the balcony watching a light rain fall on the MK. :)

20130612_202211_zps19ee5da8.jpg

Yep first floor the mk side of the building. Just be aware, it is very common for people to put a wash in and walk away. We have waited an hour once for a lady to return from the pool to vacate the machine. We did have choice words.... ...

If you are waiting for someone to remove their clothing from either the washer or dryer, there is no need to wait an hour. If they don't return in ten minutes, take out the stuff, place it on the table or put it in a basket (whatever the person left for their clothing) and use the washer or dryer. Just don't take it out before the cycle finishes. That would be a terrible thing to do.

I also have no qualms about removing laundry if it has been sitting for 10 minutes or so and no one has shown up. I'd expect the same if I did that which is why I usually stay with the laundry or only leave for a very short time.

If for some reason those machines were all being used the laundry for the CR is located on the 2nd or maybe it was 3rd floor of the south garden wing. It's down the first leg of the wing and around the corner. Last time I used it though I got black greasy spots on a pair of pants - apparently from the dryer. The CR had them dry cleaned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter