• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry at AS Sports- convenient?

JGoin

Mouseketeer
How easy is it to do laundry at AS Sports? We are there for 7 nights--- wondering if it's hard to get to, and if it's worth me doing one night- or should I just bite the bullet and pack 14 outfits per person??? I have the Purex detergent sheets, so I'm not worried about the detergent. What do you all do????

I always do laundry at Disney(and have at AS Sports)because it's so easy. Most laundry rooms are located near pools so I just throw in the load, swim for a while, put it in the dryer. The nice thing is that you can do more than one load at a time if it builds up as there are usually multiple washers and dryers available.

Some people might say that it's a hassle but I think packing 14 outfits is much more of a hassle especially with luggage restrictions these days.

Have a great trip! We arrive on the same day!

Joanne

I always do laundry at Disney because it's so easy. Most laundry rooms are located near pools so I just throw in the load, swim for a while, put it in the dryer. The nice thing is that you can do more than one load at a time if it builds up as there are usually multiple washers and dryers available.

Some people might say that it's a hassle but I think packing 14 outfits is much more of a hassle especially with luggage restrictions these days.

Have a great trip!

Joanne

I agree... Put in a load, hang by the pool, throw it in the dryer, still by the pool. I too found it convenient. Keep your quarters, though. Seems the change machines don't want to always work:headache:, so running for change was my only hassle.

A huge bonus for doing laundry while we're there is not having a huge pile of dirty clothes to wash as soon as we get home. :thumbsup2

I haven't stayed at Sports, but the laundry room at Pop isn't a big place; certainly not in proportion to the number of rooms at the resort. So you might want to plan on doing it during off times to avoid having to wait for a washer/dryer.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Stayed at Sports last year and did laundry. It is located right by the pool. I think there were 4-6 washers and more driers. Only 1 day was it busy in there (we were there for 15 nights and did laundry 2 or 3 times) I brought a book with me, put the laundry in and read out by the pool while the kids were swimming and my laundry was laundering. :thumbsup2

I've done laundry at ASSp and have never had to wait for a machine. We usually come back in the afternoon on the "late nights" and I'll throw in a load or 2 before we head back out for the evening. It certainly saves on packing!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter