• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundromat near Royal Pacific Hotel?

danacath

DIS Veteran
Just realized that I should have posted my question here to begin with instead of on a different board. Ooops...:rolleyes:

Anyway, on to my question. DH is down at the RPR right now (wish I was!) with 75 teens and 10 adults for a youth convention. They are all wearing matching t-shirts every day, but will need to launder them halfway through their stay so that they can be worn over again. That's over 400 shirts that need to be washed! :earseek: Do any of you know of a laundromat near RPR where they could go to get this done? Please reply ASAP, since the laundry will need to be done on July 27. DH thanks you in advance. :wave2:

I don't know if this would help you but there is a laundry room in all 3 towers, I believe, of the RPR. May be a little more costly than a laundromat & may only have a regular washer (a triple loader would be handy here!), but you could call & check.

For convenience the laundry room is your best bet think its $3 per machine although 400 shirts pretty big load:jester:

Have your DH check the yellow pages in his room. Call and see if one will let me drop off and pickup. They'll probably charge by the pound.

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like DH will have to weigh the convenience vs. cost factor and go from there. On the one hand it would be such a nice timesaver for DH to drop the shirts off and have someone else wash and fold them all. He has a parent along who has a car, so that part wouldn't be a problem either. If they charge by the pound, maybe I can take 30 of DH's abundance of t-shirts here at home and stick them on our scale to get a rough idea of what the cost of 400+ shirts would be. Crazy idea, but it just might work. lol :p
Too bad DH can't access the monstrous washers that they use for washing all those hotel sheets and towels. Wouldn't THAT be awesome!

Again, if anyone out there knows the name(s) of the laundromat closest to RPR, that would really be helpful. DH is so swamped right now taking care of 86 convention-goers, so to save him some time, I may end up being the one to call around. TIA

:wave:

Hey, danacath ---

Try this web address and see if it helps. Type in laundromat for the business type, and enter the street address of the Royal Pacific Hotel. I'd have tried it for you but I don't have the street address. :D

http://www.smartpages.com/directory/nearby.jhtml

Good luck! I hope all is going great for your DH and his group. :grouphug:

I would definitely find a laundromat off site. Can't imagine washing and drying that many shirts in the hotel laundry rooms - not to mention the inconvenience it would potentially cause the other hotel guests trying todo their laundry.

Even doing a family's worth of laundry might be worth getting in the car and going to a laundrymat and have several machines going at once. If, or when, I go back to the HRH, I am going to definitly look into this option. Staying up until 3am to do laundry is not good.

OP Follow-up.....

Thanks, everybody, for your helpful comments. DH decided that the most economical thing to do was to use the hotel washers @ $2/load. The other adult leaders are helping with it, too. Antonia, I was also concerned about them keeping the RPR washers tied up for a long period of time until DH told me that they don't use the machines until around 11:30 PM or so. At that hour of the night, no one else is crazy enough to be doing laundry, I guess! :crazy: lol Last night they didn't get done until 2 AM! They did decide to "just" do 2 days' worth of shirts at a time (that's still 172 shirts! :earseek: ); but at least it isn't quite as monumental of a task all at once.

travelbug, I did use smartpages.com and researched it out, but DH decided that he didn't want to impose on the dad with the car after all to take the shirts to the laundromat. This guy had already driven all the way down from NE and had brought his family along for a vacation.

Anyway, that's the long and short of it. Only 258 more dirty shirts to go! :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter