Laugh Floor - a winner!

dkostel

DIS Veteran
I was in MK on Saturday & they had the Laugh floor open (even though the AP preview isn't until 3/31)? I thought it was great!! Great interactivity, like in Turtle talk, and just plain cute. They even let you text jokes while you wait in the pre show area. They use a couple in the show. "so what is your job at Disney World...well I read through the world's lamest jokes to find one or two usable ones" I guess that could be an alright job.
No thrill ride here, but definitely better that Timekeeper and Stitch. Worth the 20 minute wait.

We found the show a little disappointing. Nothing earth-shatteringly bad, but only really aimed at kids between 2nd and 6th grade. Younger kids won't get the puns, and most adults only chuckle a few times.

The repeatability is really really low. I went a few hours later, and it was the same show, same jokes, just different prompts from the audience.

Unfortunately No it didn't but even if it did I don't know if it would be much of an improvement.

Hope we are lucky enough to be able to see it. Leaving in 4 days. Wow! Can't believe how good those words sounds!!!! :banana:

I still kinda miss Timekeeper. Can't beat Robin Williams, Rhea Perlman . . .

When did the soft opening start? We were at MK last Wednesday (3/14), and the "Coming Soon" banner was still over the sign.

I was in MK on Saturday & they had the Laugh floor open (even though the AP preview isn't until 3/31)? I thought it was great!! Great interactivity, like in Turtle talk, and just plain cute. They even let you text jokes while you wait in the pre show area. They use a couple in the show. "so what is your job at Disney World...well I read through the world's lamest jokes to find one or two usable ones" I guess that could be an alright job.
No thrill ride here, but definitely better that Timekeeper and Stitch. Worth the 20 minute wait.

Do you have any more info about the AP holder preview? We're going to be there then - is it certain times or all day????

From wdwig.com:

This new attraction is scheduled to open April 2, 2007, but Passholders can preview it March 30 through April 1, 2007, during regular park hours:

-- For you to be admitted into the special preview, you'll need to present your valid Walt Disney World Annual or Seasonal Pass and photo ID.
-- You can bring up to three guests for the preview, but you must accompany them.
-- Park admission is required for your guests.

If it's like the EE preview then it will be open the same hours as the park.

I still kinda miss Timekeeper. Can't beat Robin Williams, Rhea Perlman . . .

When did the soft opening start? We were at MK last Wednesday (3/14), and the "Coming Soon" banner was still over the sign.

as far as i know, it's been operating semi-regularly at least all of march. i reported when i was there the first week that i was told it was operating either every day or every other day between 1 and 5 pm. and sure enough, worked for me.

I got to see the show this past Saturday night and it was great. I texted in a joke that was used and I was "that guy" in the show. I think Disney has a winner in this attraction.

We found the show a little disappointing. Nothing earth-shatteringly bad, but only really aimed at kids between 2nd and 6th grade. Younger kids won't get the puns, and most adults only chuckle a few times.

The repeatability is really really low. I went a few hours later, and it was the same show, same jokes, just different prompts from the audience.

Geez! Get a life, Mr. Yee! GET A LIFE AND ENJOY DISNEY FOR WHAT IT IS!!!:mad:

I have to disagree with the earlier poster who stated the attraction is only for 2nd through 6th graders. My son and I also got a sneak preview this past Saturday and the audience was rolling. It was cute and the pacing was great. The ending segment where Mike's cousin reads the audience's jokes needs some tweeking but I think maybe the actor was still finding her chops.

Geez! Get a life, Mr. Yee! GET A LIFE AND ENJOY DISNEY FOR WHAT IT IS!!!:mad:

Uhh...OK.

He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, and shouldn't have to be subjected to crazy-pants posts like this. :sad2:

You don't have to agree with him, but you don't control what "Disney is" and what is or is not an acceptable opinion of an attraction.

Back off!

We saw it on Friday when it was still "under construction"...we were one of the test audiences. It was quite funny to us and the kids really enjoyed the characters.

Well, nice to hear a positive review after countless negative ones. I'm not particularly looking forward to it...hasn't Magic Kingdom had enough "bad-mediocre' additions!? Spend the money Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter