Latest You Can Sign Up for ME?

cbg1027

Florida Girl
What is the latest you can sign up for ME? I have a resort reservation and will be meeting the friend I'm going with there, but he hasn't decided whether to drive or fly yet. So what's the latest he can make this decision by? We arrive Dec 11.

Anything special we would need to know to only have one of us signed up for ME? I will definitely be driving to WDW.

They say the absolute deadline is 2 days in advance (and the recommended deadline is 10 days in advance) But if you made the room reservation on shorter notice, you can reserve DME but you may not simply show up at the welcoming area without a reservation.

In your case, make the DME reservation now, and cancel it if not needed.

You can actually make it the day before you travel..but of course you won't get your info packet with vouchers and tags. They need 10 days to process that stuff and get it to you.
But, you can book it today, for arrival tomorrow. Just bring ID with you to the DME checkin counter and they will happily print out new vouchers for you. Not a problem.
Actually, I would call and have it reserved in any case. Worst case scenario is that your friend decides at the last minute not to fly and doesn't show up. No harm, no foul.

Last thing I've read says DME has to be reserved prior to arriving at MCO. I don't know if you can literally call from your departure airport.

OP should just make a DME reservation for everyone who might be going. Not a big deal if you cancel or even if you're a no-show.

My friend made his flight reservation last night and just called Disney today and reserved ME. Do you think he will he get his luggage tags in time?

Thanks for the help!

My friend made his flight reservation last night and just called Disney today and reserved ME. Do you think he will he get his luggage tags in time?

Thanks for the help!

Should - I'm 10 days out from leaving today and that's December 3, so he should get his stuff in time - however, if he doesn't, have him tag his luggage so that it's easy to spot and he can just go to the ME counter, they'll print him a voucher and take his baggage claim tickets and a description of the luggage. They'll still pick up his luggage and he can hop on the ME to the World!

Good luck!

Melissa :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter