Latest MDE app version?

lillykat

DIS Veteran
Finally got rid of my dinosaur phone and finally got a smartphone- galaxy sIII. I uploaded to my disney experience but looking at it it seems really glitchy and I don't see features people on here talk about. What is the latest verison? I have 1.3.3.

Finally got rid of my dinosaur phone and finally got a smartphone- galaxy sIII. I uploaded to my disney experience but looking at it it seems really glitchy and I don't see features people on here talk about. What is the latest verison? I have 1.3.3.

I believe the latest version is actually called, "Glitchy II."

(As in, I just got the latest MDE update, and it's glitchy too!!)

:goodvibes

I believe the latest version is actually called, "Glitchy II."

(As in, I just got the latest MDE update, and it's glitchy too!!)

:goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2: 1.3.3 Is the latest version? I just thought I saw people here saying they had things in the program I don't see.

I have a Galaxy S3 and the app is updated to the most recent version available for Android, which is indeed 1.3.3.

However, you may see people talk about features that you don't see for a few reasons that I can think of - first, Disney and whatever third party developer they use seem to constantly push new features to the iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc) version of the app first and then the Android version of the app gets it a few weeks later.

I specifically remember reading about the ability to link a resort reservation in the app, but it was weeks before I saw it because the iPhone people - very annoying.

The second reason may be that if someone has a package from Disney (hotel+tickets) or an AP/PAP they may be seeing extra stuff in the app as part of the (slow) rollout of FastPass+. Every time Disney decides to run a test, they seem to pick people who have hotel+ticket reservations.

For my August trip I rented DVC points and we already have older "no expiration" paper tickets from our last trip. So while I can link the DVC reservation, I still have no way to let Disney know I also have valid park admission - once they activate this part of the NextGen system on the My Disney Experience site and the app, we'll be able to link tickets as well as room-only reservations and that will be the key to being able to reserve FP+ online ahead of time and see it in the app. Until then they are testing it only with people that have hotel+ticket reservations.

There are definitely two versions of the android mde app. I downloaded the first one from the Amazon app store. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to see my reservations. I went to the Google play store and their app (same name and publisher) has a Disney logo in the upper right corner of the icon. I installed that one and can see my reservations! And the version is 1.3.3 on mine.

dirtnap101 said:
I have a Galaxy S3 and the app is updated to the most recent version available for Android, which is indeed 1.3.3.

However, you may see people talk about features that you don't see for a few reasons that I can think of - first, Disney and whatever third party developer they use seem to constantly push new features to the iOS (iPhone, iPad, etc) version of the app first and then the Android version of the app gets it a few weeks later.

I specifically remember reading about the ability to link a resort reservation in the app, but it was weeks before I saw it because the iPhone people - very annoying.

The second reason may be that if someone has a package from Disney (hotel+tickets) or an AP/PAP they may be seeing extra stuff in the app as part of the (slow) rollout of FastPass+. Every time Disney decides to run a test, they seem to pick people who have hotel+ticket reservations.

For my August trip I rented DVC points and we already have older "no expiration" paper tickets from our last trip. So while I can link the DVC reservation, I still have no way to let Disney know I also have valid park admission - once they activate this part of the NextGen system on the My Disney Experience site and the app, we'll be able to link tickets as well as room-only reservations and that will be the key to being able to reserve FP+ online ahead of time and see it in the app. Until then they are testing it only with people that have hotel+ticket reservations.

Well that was why I was surprised. We are 35 days out and we have a package- hotel and tickets no dining, booked through disney. Final payment was made some time back. Those were the things people saw who were in that window. We are at POR. Can't tell if it is my program or I am just inept with my new phone. This is my 1st smart phone. Also when I look at dining it doesn't show any open times for anywhere which I know can't be right.

joannem said:
There are definitely two versions of the android mde app. I downloaded the first one from the Amazon app store. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to see my reservations. I went to the Google play store and their app (same name and publisher) has a Disney logo in the upper right corner of the icon. I installed that one and can see my reservations! And the version is 1.3.3 on mine.

I downloaded from google play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter