• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Latest DVC offer on DCL?

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
OK, so that's a rather cryptic title for a post. What I'm wondering is what is the current DVC deal that are offered while on a Disney cruise. We will be going on a cruise in early May and...well, you know there's never enough points. ;)

Last post that I read was that nothing extra was being offered. Those days may be gone since the DVD management change.

:earsboy: Bill

Wow, you burst my bubble. I have been waiting for another super cheap cruise offer for DVC members...we did the eastern Carib. in October for very very cheap. I don't do facebook, and I would usually get an e-mail about these special offers. But this last time I guess there was no e-mail but they announced it on facebook (thanks to DD for telling me) and I guess later on it was on the member website (but I don't check that every day).

Enjoy your cruise. I really enjoyed the three I have been on.

I should add....they were offering something, but forgot what it was (as we will never add on through Disney again....since we discovered re-sale and already have enough points and contracts purchased BEFORE the cruise rule change...and yes, I know, using points is not being point-savvy). I think they were pushing Grand Floridian at the time....and probably Aluani (but everyone wanted to know about the Poly).

What I'm wondering is what is the current DVC deal that are offered while on a Disney cruise.

As far as I know they haven't had any deal on cruises better than generally available in quite awhile. On the ship you might get OBC; on land you get money towards the membership, that sort of thing.

When going on a cruise, it's absolutely BEST to familiarize with the current promotions found here: http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program-51703/financial-75803/pricing-a-promotions-52175

That way you can easily compare what you are being offered onboard, and make sure you don't make a rash decision.

Wow, you burst my bubble. I have been waiting for another super cheap cruise offer for DVC members...we did the eastern Carib. in October for very very cheap.

What they are offering people for buying DVC isn't necessarily connected to offers they might give to members.

Bumbershoot, I realize that. It was the title of his thread that got me excited....I thought he was giving a heads up about a cheap cruise offer to DVC members. They do give a nice members presentation on board....when DVC has free champagne and mimosas, I'm there! But....already have too many points and contracts, so I am safe from the "sell".

Bumbershoot, I realize that. It was the title of his thread that got me excited....I thought he was giving a heads up about a cheap cruise offer to DVC members. They do give a nice members presentation on board....when DVC has free champagne and mimosas, I'm there! But....already have too many points and contracts, so I am safe from the "sell".

For others reading, the DVC cruises cost more than a regular cruise so nothing is really free.

I was on a cruise in early February, and there were no special cruise deals for purchasing DVC. They were really pushing Aulani (at the time, the public promotion was getting extra points after a minimum point amount). VGF was the second most pushed, only by stressing the urgency of how fast the resort was selling out. My cruise was right after the Poly went on sale to members, and I was very surprised they weren't pushing it. It was barely mentioned, and I attended both the DVC members event and a general DVC info session.

You mean the Member cruises, yes?

I would bet that Dee took one of the discounted cruises mentioned here, and that is what she was hoping to hear about: http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-cruise-line-dvc-discount-select-dates.3308529/

Thanks for the correction.

In the world od Disney discounts, DVC is one of the last offered. If Disney needs to fill cabins, they will offer to the Military and Florida residents first. If they still have empty cabins, they will offer DVC but usually there are some restrictions included with the offer.

Bumbershoot, yes, that is exactly right. I've taken advantage of these offers 3 times (Nova Scotia out of NYC, western and eastern carib). This last one, we discovered that the Marriott at MCO has a deal with DCL, so we stayed there the night before, our luggage was taken from our room and we didn't see it again until we checked into our stateroom. Got on the Disney bus downstairs at the airport. In addition, I think Disney is one of the few cruise lines that allows you to bring alcohol on board, along with bottled water. A real money-saver. When we were sitting around the pool the morning after everyone got their "charges" slipped under their doors, we heard a lot of moaning and groaning from people that didn't realize how much they drank all week. Other cruise lines also charge for soda or soda packages.

The stopover at Disney's Castaway Key is the highlight of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter