Late Spring/Early Summer 2013 Deals?

AliceandAriel

part of your world!
I might need to edit this if I shoved too many questions from various spots into one. >.<

I know that this is INCREDIBLY short notice, but my boyfriend and I are making our second trip to WDW this May! Ironically, it's a year to the date exactly since we last went, and we had originally planned to go in October this year to have more time to save, but the airfare deal and use of my grandparents timeshare was too good to pass up. But now, there's a problem.

Disney tickets!

Am I the only one who notices that, unless you're going with a family of 4+, ticket prices are INSANE? I mean, don't get me wrong, the more you stay, the better the price. But what if you want to go for only two days, with hopper passes to visit them all? Are there no good discounts around the May 10th-20th time to help with the prices? :sad:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, but Disney does not offer deals on their tickets alone. The only promotion or deal you will find on tickets is if you book a Magic Your Way package and stay at a Disney resort.

I recommend that you check out some of the discounted ticket sites and I'm sure some people here can recommend a site or two.

Have a great trip!

Are you staying on Disney property? I think the current 30% promo extends through your dates which would hopefuly take a bit of the sting out of your costs? It is on the Special Offers tab on the Disney Reservations site for WDW.

I think you have until March 8 to book an Magic Your Way package room+tickets with the "up-to" 30% discount, and that includes a small but real discount on tickets. Think the moderates are 20% off, deluxes 30% off, or thereabouts.

But if you're just talking in general terms, yeah, Disney prices are pretty...Goofy.... :cool1:

Yet they keep throwing open the gates, and people like us trip over themselves to get in... * sigh *

All kidding aside, I'm not sure Disney is as far out there (in terms of ticket/park admission) as we think. As an example, there's a midwestern park called "Silver Dollar City", which is just one park, no resorts (at least not the way you think of from Disney), and park admission is (last time I checked, which was about three years ago) about $80 a person. I remember that from when we were up there a few years ago and I about fell over from sticker shock. Family of four = $320, so if you extrapolated that out to a four-day stay (although I can't fathom how you could possibly spend four days at Silver Dollar City), you're looking at a $1,280 comparable expense. I know, I know, it isn't a pure apples-to-apples comparison, and there are area discounts available, but you get the idea.

As another comparison, "Six Flags over Texas" in Arlington, TX (a suburb about 20 minutes west of Dallas/east of Ft. Worth) is a pretty big regional theme park in my area, and a daily general admission is about $65 (although there are discounts and incentives available, and kids under 48" get a different rate), but even then you're looking at something around $200-$300/day visit cost. (That said, though, once you've been to WDW, its awfully hard to get too ramped up about SFoT. I mean, its a nice, fun park, and its only 3 hours away, but it isn't WDW :) )

Now, mind you, I'm not saying by any means Disney isn't expensive, but compared to other theme parks...they may not be quite as out of line on a per cost-per-person-per-day as we might think. The "getcha" is in the hotels and dinners IMHO.

I think you have until March 8 to book an Magic Your Way package room+tickets with the "up-to" 30% discount, and that includes a small but real discount on tickets. Think the moderates are 20% off, deluxes 30% off, or thereabouts.

But if you're just talking in general terms, yeah, Disney prices are pretty...Goofy.... :cool1:

Yet they keep throwing open the gates, and people like us trip over themselves to get in... * sigh *

All kidding aside, I'm not sure Disney is as far out there (in terms of ticket/park admission) as we think. As an example, there's a midwestern park called "Silver Dollar City", which is just one park, no resorts (at least not the way you think of from Disney), and park admission is (last time I checked, which was about three years ago) about $80 a person. I remember that from when we were up there a few years ago and I about fell over from sticker shock. Family of four = $320, so if you extrapolated that out to a four-day stay (although I can't fathom how you could possibly spend four days at Silver Dollar City), you're looking at a $1,280 comparable expense. I know, I know, it isn't a pure apples-to-apples comparison, and there are area discounts available, but you get the idea.

As another comparison, "Six Flags over Texas" in Arlington, TX (a suburb about 20 minutes west of Dallas/east of Ft. Worth) is a pretty big regional theme park in my area, and a daily general admission is about $65 (although there are discounts and incentives available, and kids under 48" get a different rate), but even then you're looking at something around $200-$300/day visit cost. (That said, though, once you've been to WDW, its awfully hard to get too ramped up about SFoT. I mean, its a nice, fun park, and its only 3 hours away, but it isn't WDW :) )

Now, mind you, I'm not saying by any means Disney isn't expensive, but compared to other theme parks...they may not be quite as out of line on a per cost-per-person-per-day as we might think. The "getcha" is in the hotels and dinners IMHO.

We live just north of that midwest tourist trap Silver Dollar City however the locals here call it "Steal Your Dollar City" for very good reason.:)

Am I the only one who notices that, unless you're going with a family of 4+, ticket prices are INSANE? I mean, don't get me wrong, the more you stay, the better the price. But what if you want to go for only two days, with hopper passes to visit them all? Are there no good discounts around the May 10th-20th time to help with the prices? :sad:

the family of 4+ will include a junior (under 10) and a baby who is free.
there is no discounts for when you buy mulitple tickets.

you can save like 57.00 by not buying park hoppers and yes it gets cheaper by the day with more days that you add to a ticket.

Two day tickets is two one day tickets and is the most expensive you can buy

Actually, the Spring promo can be booked thru March 31:

Book by March 31, 2013 for travel most nights April 2 through June 14, 2013

Wonder what the next promo will be..........

Actually, the Spring promo can be booked thru March 31:

Book by March 31, 2013 for travel most nights April 2 through June 14, 2013

Wonder what the next promo will be..........

In the past it has been either a room discount for late August/September or FD. Usually the book date had to be by 6/30.

Depending on how busy it is expected to be, it may not be anything. I have herd a lot of people are booking rooms and ADR's with the expectation of getting FD. If everything is booked, even just as a place holder, they may not offer anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter