Late September getaway...Advice please!

Lvsdisney

DIS Veteran
DH and I are celebrating 10 year anniversary this September PLUS DH will be 40 in October. We decided a long weekend getaway would be how we celebrate both occasions.

I would like to go somewhere we hadn't been before and I was thinking about New Orleans - I found a great hotel in the FQ, but I am worried about Hurricanes. We'll be in the Keys in April, so I'm not overly interested in going to that area again this year (no Miami, Ft L, etc).

I was also thinking maybe Tampa/Clearwater, but again, not sure about hurricanes.

We live in the NE, close to Philadelphia. I'm not opposed to driving, but I would like it to be more of a get away than a drive away, KWIM? I'm looking more for an adult oriented trip than a family one.

Recently we've been to Baltimore, Boston, Cape Cod area, DC, Williamsburg, and Outer Banks so we're not interested in those because we'd like to go somewhere different.

Any other ideas, in the US, to do a warmer climate long weekend? Ideally the flight would be 2-3 hours and really, no more than a 6-7 hour drive, though I'd rather not drive at all.

TIA!!

DH and I are celebrating 10 year anniversary this September PLUS DH will be 40 in October. We decided a long weekend getaway would be how we celebrate both occasions.

I would like to go somewhere we hadn't been before and I was thinking about New Orleans - I found a great hotel in the FQ, but I am worried about Hurricanes. We'll be in the Keys in April, so I'm not overly interested in going to that area again this year (no Miami, Ft L, etc).

I was also thinking maybe Tampa/Clearwater, but again, not sure about hurricanes.

We live in the NE, close to Philadelphia. I'm not opposed to driving, but I would like it to be more of a get away than a drive away, KWIM? I'm looking more for an adult oriented trip than a family one.

Recently we've been to Baltimore, Boston, Cape Cod area, DC, Williamsburg, and Outer Banks so we're not interested in those because we'd like to go somewhere different.

Any other ideas, in the US, to do a warmer climate long weekend? Ideally the flight would be 2-3 hours and really, no more than a 6-7 hour drive, though I'd rather not drive at all.

TIA!!

I would suggest Austin, Texas. I used to live there and was there last month for a work trip. Made me remember how much I loved it. Such amazing restaurants, lots of fun things locally and the perfect place for a long weekend. You could even take a day trip to San Antonio to see the Alamo and do the Riverwalk or go to Shiner, Texas for a Shiner Beer brewery tour. My favorite must do every time I go is to drive down to Driftwood, Texas (just south of Austin) and eat at Salt Lick BBQ. It will definitely be warm there at the end of Sept. There are flights for around $345 rt at the end of Sept from Philadelphia.

I would suggest Austin, Texas. I used to live there and was there last month for a work trip. Made me remember how much I loved it. Such amazing restaurants, lots of fun things locally and the perfect place for a long weekend. You could even take a day trip to San Antonio to see the Alamo and do the Riverwalk or go to Shiner, Texas for a Shiner Beer brewery tour. My favorite must do every time I go is to drive down to Driftwood, Texas (just south of Austin) and eat at Salt Lick BBQ. It will definitely be warm there at the end of Sept. There are flights for around $345 rt at the end of Sept from Philadelphia.

I have always wanted to go to Austin, but it didn't even cross my mind for the trip! I'll look into it, thanks!

Biltmore House, NC. It should still be warm in the mountains but not too hot.

I couldn't remember the name of that place! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter