Late September/Early October Photopass Share **UPDATED!!!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Texas,
What's going on with our group? Are we still a go? Who are the confirmed people?

Last I heard, we had 9 people and the price was $15 each. If there's a problem, I'd be happy to lead our group. Anyone who wants is free is PM me. Let's get this finished off before the DIS shuts down all the Photopass shares! ;)

Cheers!!:drinking1

Oh no! :scared1: The DIS is closing down all the photopass share groups as of this Friday and not permitting any new groups.

I'm not sure what the status of our groups are, but I don't want this to die. If any one is still interested, please PM me and I'll send you my email address. If Texas's group (group 1) falls through, I'd be happy to head one up via private email. PM me before Friday and let's keep our group alive! :thumbsup2
Maple

WOW, I just read the post. I understand the reasons but seems kind of sudden. Even Disney phases things in.

I agree with getting all groups formed and paid off ASAP. I know we can still communicate by PM but that gets to be a pain.

And to all in Group 4. Please contact me. So far only 1 person has made contact.

Oh no! :scared1: The DIS is closing down all the photopass share groups as of this Friday and not permitting any new groups.

I'm not sure what the status of our groups are, but I don't want this to die. If any one is still interested, please PM me and I'll send you my email address. If Texas's group (group 1) falls through, I'd be happy to head one up via private email. PM me before Friday and let's keep our group alive! :thumbsup2
Maple

I haven't heard anything from Texas in several weeks - has anyone else?
Sending you a PM now.

I'd be willing to fill an open spot as well, we'll be down 10/3-10/10.

OK,
Looks like there is some interest in keeping group 1 going. Here's what I'll do, I'll hold Texas' place as group leader. If Texas wants me to, or if she has vanished, I will take over as group leader for our group.

Dear Texas,
We love you and miss you!! Please come home. ;) Either post here or email me (I believe you have my address) so we know you are still around.

Could everyone who was either in group 1 or still needs a group PM me with your name, email address and dates? I will compile a list and get us going. Once I get everyone's email address I will send out an email (independent of the DIS, so we don't break any rules) and get us all organized with costs, payments, dates, etc.... I've never run a share before, only participated. So I may need a little help. Lets all work together to make this work!

:hippie:

Here's who I have so far:
CJ's Mommy
Tisha_PA
marandr

Why are they shutting this down? I think it's using our imagination to save and use the Photopass that you could never afford otherwise.

Dave loved the "GO BUCKS". I can not say anything to that, they are the best paid team in college : ) (Trying to get to 10 posts)

I have lead several shares in the past. When a person signs up to be leader it is work and maybe Texas didn't realize how much work. I sent her several PM's explaining what I have done to keep organized and had gotten PM's back. However when I saw that there was 9 people in the group I dropped out. That is just too many in a share. It is not worth it to me.

I am sorry for all those who paid her. It is not right and gives shares a bad name. That is why the mod's are closing the shares. Too many things go bad and there is no recourse to fix it. Yes we are adults and make our own choices but it happens too much lately. Photos are so such an important and personal part of a vacation. The leader has to be trusted and honest to be do what they say with our treasured memories. Rant over and again I am sorry for all that lost their money on Group 1.

I really, really want in on any of the groups but I can't PM yet because I am new to this. If anyone can PM me or whatever I will be glad to immediately send Paypal and confirm my spot. We are going Sept.26 - Oct. 2. Thanks. I'd love to fill in any empty spot.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I have led three groups and participated in 2 in the last three years. I never had a problem and we always had 7 to 10 people in the group. I want to reassure those in group 2 that I will honor my commitment. It is alot of work but everyone wins and I am glad I can help other capture incredible pictures / mememories that you usually don't get on your own. Group 1 please let me know if i can support you. FYI - if you paid via paypal you can file a dispute and try and get your money back. You do have recourse.

Thanks, Sheila

I have lead several shares in the past. When a person signs up to be leader it is work and maybe Texas didn't realize how much work. I sent her several PM's explaining what I have done to keep organized and had gotten PM's back. However when I saw that there was 9 people in the group I dropped out. That is just too many in a share. It is not worth it to me.

I am sorry for all those who paid her. It is not right and gives shares a bad name. That is why the mod's are closing the shares. Too many things go bad and there is no recourse to fix it. Yes we are adults and make our own choices but it happens too much lately. Photos are so such an important and personal part of a vacation. The leader has to be trusted and honest to be do what they say with our treasured memories. Rant over and again I am sorry for all that lost their money on Group 1.

Hold on people, I have not seen anywhere that group 1 is gone and that it is not still a fully viable share.

This share is not till September. Just because Texas has not been here for a couple of weeks does not mean that the share is dead. Life sometimes happens and to paint someone as being dishonest or trying to rip people off is unfounded.

Wow, looks like a lot of people going to Disney in the fall. :thumbsup2

I noticed a lot of posts here from those still looking for a share for dates from Mid September through Mid October.

Just wanted to let anyone still looking know that there are still shares going on, just not here on the DIS.

Feel free to contact me for more info.

Good luck to everyone. Have a great trip. :banana:

Ok, I went through the thread again and these folks need a group. Of the folks listed below, I have two openings in my group. PM asap to confirm if you would like to joing. First two I hear from is in.

Dylan_&_Blake's_mom - Sept.27th-Oct.7th
ExpatDisneyLover Sept. 27- Oct. 2
breammom Oct.3-Oct 10
sviner - Sept 26 - Oct. 2.
dancin Disney style - Oct 3-12
alyssa810 - 10/3-10/10
sviner Sept.26 - Oct. 2

Here are the CONFIRMED group 2 members:
1. ssmith010 (leader) 10/2-10/11 (confirmed)
2. DisneyMomma81 10/1-10/10 (confirmed)
3. MagicKitty 9/30-10/7 (confirmed)
4. Diz-Mommy 9/26-10/3 (confirmed)
5. Masquerade Sept 21 to Oct 1 (confirmed)
6. sherry_car (9/28-10/5) (confirmed)
7. WendyMS (Sept 19-Oct 1st) (confirmed)

Due to the changes, I will give one day to see if anyone is interested. If not, we will go with seven. I will send out next steps via e-mail. MagicKitty pls pm me your e-mail address.

Thanks,
Sheila

Hi Sheila,
MapleGirl has been in touch with me to join her group!
Thanks!!

Dave- I agree. I bet Texas is just caught up in something and will be back. Until then, I'm holding down the fort for group 1.

Shelia- Thanks for your post! If Texas is unavailable, I could really use some help getting group 1 up and running. I've participated in a share before, but never led one. This will definitely be a learning experience!:teacher:

Here's the updated Group 1 member list so far:
CJ's Mommy
Tisha_PA
marandr
alyssa810
jojo0612
nuts4wdw
reagan&co
meway
sviner
mom2prettyprincess

Did I miss anyone? If you want to get in this share, please PM me. :hippie:

I'm glad I got in on a swap before they are closed. I wonder if there are other boards that do it?

I am looking to get in on this. I am going down September 28 to October 3. Is there anything available?

I did this last year and we LOVED it!

Hi Group 2:

We have eight memebers. I just sent out an e-mail with all the information we need to get this group finalized and up and running. PM / e-mail me if you did not get it or if you have any questions. MagicKitty, I need your e-mail address. I did PM you. Going forward I would like to use e-mail to communicate with the group because they are locking the thread on Friday.

ssmith010 (leader) 10/2-10/11 (confirmed)
DisneyMomma81 10/1-10/10 (confirmed)
MagicKitty 9/30-10/7 (confirmed)
Diz-Mommy 9/26-10/3 (confirmed)
Masquerade Sept 21 to Oct 1 (confirmed)
sherry_car (9/28-10/5) (confirmed)
WendyMS (Sept 19-Oct 1st) (confirmed)
baby1038 (9/19-9/26)

Maple - I sent you a pm with all the information you requested. Let me know if Group 1 needs any other support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter