Late(r) arrival - should we do it?

Herfnerd

DIS Veteran
Preface - Been about 6 years since I've been to WDW. 10 years for DW. We decided late last week that we are going to visit this coming mid-Janary for four nites (staying at AoA) and booked our flights with SW. Getting ready to purchase tix from UT - DW insists on ParkHoppers and UT offers 3+1, or 4 days relatively cheap and at the same price.

Question - our flight arrives at 3:40pm. We will be taking ME to resort and only bringing carry ons. Guesstimating that we are in our room by 6pm-ish (the dozen plus prior trips I have driven down - this will be first time without a car). Should we/is it worthwhile to head to the MK? It is open until 10pm that nite.

TIA!

Why not !!! Adding another day to the ticket is relatively cheap and if you can get 3-4 hours in MK for what is probably another 10 bucks or so, it seems like a deal to me.

THe only downside would be if you think you will be too tired after traveling all day to hurry off to MK for 3-4 hours, but that's a decision you have to make.

If it were me, I would get the extra day and head on over to MK for the evening.

I would! As the previous poster mentioned, for basically $10, even if you only get to ride a few things or see a parade, worth it IMO!

Preface - Been about 6 years since I've been to WDW. 10 years for DW. We decided late last week that we are going to visit this coming mid-Janary for four nites (staying at AoA) and booked our flights with SW. Getting ready to purchase tix from UT - DW insists on ParkHoppers and UT offers 3+1, or 4 days relatively cheap and at the same price.

Question - our flight arrives at 3:40pm. We will be taking ME to resort and only bringing carry ons. Guesstimating that we are in our room by 6pm-ish (the dozen plus prior trips I have driven down - this will be first time without a car). Should we/is it worthwhile to head to the MK? It is open until 10pm that nite.

TIA!

Do you like to watch the evening parade and fireworks? Is the evening parade going that night? If so yes. You're probably not in time for fast passes and the like but you're in plenty of time for the parade and fireworks.

If you are booking package thru Disney, you can turn off the hopper option. Go to the section for tickets and click open. Click the options you want/don't and then hit update.

Personally, I would not buy the extra night's ticket. In December, we will arrive late also and we are just going eat and tour Downtown Disney (which doesn't need a ticket). We can then head back to the hotel get a good night's sleep and be up early to do as much as we can.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy!!!

Personally, I would not buy the extra night's ticket. In December, we will arrive late also and we are just going eat and tour Downtown Disney (which doesn't need a ticket). We can then head back to the hotel get a good night's sleep and be up early to do as much as we can.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy!!!

Wasn't planning on purchasing the extra day's tix - just that UT sells the 3 day PH with a "free" extra day (total of four days) for a few dollars cheaper than what WDW sells the 3-day PH via MYW!

But.....guess most seem to side with going to the park, which is what I am leaning towards - just wondered if I was being selfish, lol!

Wasn't planning on purchasing the extra day's tix - just that UT sells the 3 day PH with a "free" extra day (total of four days) for a few dollars cheaper than what WDW sells the 3-day PH via MYW!

But.....guess most seem to side with going to the park, which is what I am leaning towards - just wondered if I was being selfish, lol!
I'd play it by ear. Since it's cheaper that way anyway, if you don't use that extra day, you're not out by a whole lot (or really, anything). Head down, get to the room, relax for a few, and see how you feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter