late PS for Chef Mickey's?

Princesa

Mouseketeer
Heading down in two weeks, and just decided to change the day for my Chef Mickey breakfast (which was of course dutifully made weeks ago!) So, the only time they had was 11:15. I took it, but am concerned that this time will be too late to get good "atmosphere" and DH will be disgruntled if he feels hurried away from his buffet due to closing soon...

My questions:
Since I see the Chef Mickey hours are only listed until 11:30, how late do they really keep going with the fun?

How long do they keep replenishing the buffet?

Are we going to feel rushed?

Would you do this? Try calling back and hope for an earlier time?

I held on to my other PS for the different day until I could decide how I felt about this whole 11:15 thing...please help, O experienced ones!

That is when we ate this past May.

We did Chef Mickeys at 11:15 am on a
Magic Morning. So we went to MK at 7 am,
rode some rides and mono-railed it back to the CR
(happened to be staying there).

Breakfast buffet was well stocked and still hot.
Characters actually can spend more time with you.
Be aware, Donald is where the podium is.
Get his signature before you go in for breakfast.
At noon the characters disappear.

We were not rushed to get out of Chef Mickeys.
My DH loves his coffee.

Late AM is a great time to go. Especially if it is on a
MK Magic Morking.
You will not be disappointed - and may even get sickof the
napkin parade, like we are.
We heard it every AM when we left our room for the Parks.

Check out the CR gift shops. They are great :)

Just a suggestion:

What we have done in the past is scheduled the character breakfasts on one of our "Sleep In" days.

If we have one day where we are not going to any of the parks in the AM, we will schedule a later PS for a character breakfast.

This way we are not rushed to get to the breakfast or feel we have to hurry up and rush anywhere after the breakfast.

Also, this might be a day where we have an earlier dinner and this way we are only having 2 big meals instead of 3 that day. (Making the breakfast more of a brunch)

Hope this helps.

I have never done CM that late, but I remember seeing this very thing discussed on these boards recently about what a good idea it was because there were not many people there, and therefore great character interaction.
I believe they said the food was still plentiful and hot and I don't remember hearing anything about being rushed.
Can't speak from personal experience, but I know others have promoted doing this very thing.

In my opinion, you are eating there at the best time! Obviously, you will need to eat something for breakfast earlier, and treat this as a lunch. We have been there twice at that time (and will be again in Oct), and all of the characters have gathered together for group photos, one family at a time (and a cast member will gladly take the picture with your camera). EnjoY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter