Late November/Early December?

Karmel96

Wherever you go...there you are!
After a very long wait, we are finally returning to WDW!:cool1: We will be traveling with another family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids-same ages as ours). We are planning a late November/early December trip. Does anyone have any feedback on crowds/lines/weather for this time of year? Also, since there are 8 of us and cost is an issue (isn't it for everyone?!), should we stay on or off property? The other family does not want to stay at the Value resorts but would consider the Moderate ones.

Thanks in advance for any info! Have a magical day!:lovestruc

According to **************.net you are going during the absolute best time of year. I'm planning my first Disney vacation right now, but I would like to say that my husband's cousin and his family will be at Disney World the same time as us and we do plan to meet up in the parks, but we aren't staying at the same on-site resorts. We are staying at the Polynesian and they have booked a villa at Old Key West. If you want to stay in a value, don't let the other family change your mind.

After a very long wait, we are finally returning to WDW!:cool1: We will be traveling with another family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids-same ages as ours). We are planning a late November/early December trip. Does anyone have any feedback on crowds/lines/weather for this time of year? Also, since there are 8 of us and cost is an issue (isn't it for everyone?!), should we stay on or off property? The other family does not want to stay at the Value resorts but would consider the Moderate ones.

You could consider renting points from a DVC owner and staying in the "deluxe" for the price of value. Around $100.00 a night including tax
for a stay at OLD Key West.

Check it out.

You are going to get better rates and lower crowds if you go around the second week of December. The first week has been blacked out for discounts the last 2 years. The first week usually has the Pop Warner crowds and additional crowds due to the pre-taping of the ABC Christmas Parade. We usually go the full week before Chistmas and have free dining a number of times during that time frame.

We are a family of 6 and often take my parents or nieces/nephews and often have a party of 8. We always get two connecting rooms and we tend to rotate all of our annual trips around free dining promos. Here's a link to all the Free Dining Guidelines and Info and historical dates:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2771101

Also, as far as renting points, everytime we have looked into that it is about double the cost of booking 2 connecting rooms at a value resort - an additional $2,500.00 to get a 2 bedroom villa to fit our family. Also, if yo rent points you can not take advantage of any Disney discounts, such as free dining.

We've gone a few times the beginning - mid November, but only gone once late Nov into early Dec.

The weather was beautiful and the crowds were low - medium.

I personally prefer onsite. If you are adding up the savings don't forget to count the xtras you get by staying on site, like free park parking (I think it adds up quick) and free bus transportation. However, I'm not sure of the cost comparison between off site vs on site regarding dining.

When we stayed non dvc we've stayed value a few times, moderate once, and deluxe a few times. Personally, I love dvc, I wish I had known about renting points all those vacations I paid "rack rates". Having a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen, and washer/dryer in the room IMO is priceless. We tend to cook therefore save $ by not eating out. For us it is worth it. We usually have cereal, or bagels, etc. for breakfast, pack sandwiches/fruit for lunch, then cook a quick dinner. Or if we feel like it we will eat at a resort or park, but we have more options having a full kitchen. I know many many people who say cooking & doing laundry is NOT vacation for them. To me, going home and not having to spend 2 days doing laundry makes the vacation last a little bit longer. hahaha
We are dvc owners, but we don't rent out points. Also, keep in mind with dvc you don't get daily housekeeping. (unless the dvc owner has arranged to pay extra for it on your behalf, which I don't know if any do). Also, some resorts are larger than others.

Are you sure about that?
Yes, I'm sure the first full week of December was blacked out for free dining dates for the last 2 years. Yes, I'm sure the first full week of December was blacked out for room discounts last year, not sure about room discounts for December 2010. Yes, I'm sure that Pop Warner is usually there during the first week of December and yes, I know that they always pre-tape the ABC Christmas parade the first weekend in December.

December 10 - 18 are the best dates to go in December for crowds, rates and discounts.

Thanks everyone for the great tips so far! I'm taking all the info and sharing it with the other family (who don't thing we need to do THAT much planning for a trip to Disney. HA-a lot they know! Good thing they have me! :worship:lol!)

I think we are locked into the last week of November/first week of December for various reasons (I am going to see if our friends can move it one week!).

Thanks again for all the input! I miss all the valuable info everyone has here!

We just went to WDW the last day in Nov - Dec 5. It was awesome, the best weather and the crowds were very reasonable. MVMCP was a bit crowded but not unbearable.
Just do not go to MK on the 2 days they are taping the Christmas parade, very very crowded. We park hopped there and left after only 2 hours ( I thought it was only 1 day, lesson learned).
We only stay on property so I can't comment about where to stay. I just think all around it is just easier. We stayed at DVC by MK and could walk to the park which was excellent!
BTW-planning is the way to go but use it only as a guideline and it will work out great!

Is it easy to find out when they are doing (taping) the parade? We will only have 4-maybe 5 days- and I cannot miss a visit to the Magic Kingdom!!:love:

Is it easy to find out when they are doing (taping) the parade? We will only have 4-maybe 5 days- and I cannot miss a visit to the Magic Kingdom!!:love:
The ABC Christmas Parade is always taped the first weekend in December - Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter