Late (Noon) Arrival at AK?

PatsGirl

DIS Veteran
Looking at the weather report, our arrival day will definately not be a pool day (57 is the forecast high for the day) so we'll most likely go to AK for the afternoon. We didn't plan a park day and only bought 3-day tickets but we'll just add a day once we get there. We've already got our FP+ for the other three parks so we can't get them for AK. What would be the recommended itinerary for the day in that case? I know DD will want to do EE. I figured if the line was more than 30 minutes, she could do single rider and shave some time of that. What should we figure for the safari and shows? Will we be able to get into these without fast passes?

I love late day AK. I often arrive at 2 pm or later. By then, rope droppers are leaving.

This may change when Rivers of Light opens

You should check for FP availability as soon as you add the extra day to your ticket. You'll likely be able to find availability for your top 3 picks if you are booking them at noon. The nice thing about AK is how the crowds leave in the mid- late afternoon, making standby lines short. It sounds like you are going to be there soon. Make sure you check the closing times for KS and the 2 trails, since they tend to close earlier than the rest of the park.

During very busy times, Safari can be harder to get, but it's not impossible. Everest and anything else should't be hard. I would think the longest wait at Safari would be 30 minutes. With the temps so low, crowds may be much thinner. Plus, it looks like you are not going during a really busy time anyway.

Looks like you're coming in on Tuesday? Us too (from VT). I don't think you'll have any problems with AK in the afternoon, we've done it that way even in busier seasons and it's been fine.

Well, that is all good news. Although its only about $30pp to add the day, I still want to do more than walk the park lol. We are staying at AKL so travel time is simple and our ADRS are at BOMA that night, again simple.

@Chimaera ~ yes, we are flying out of PVD (we're from the Cape) and arrive in MCO at 9:30 am. We had hoped to get a day in the sun at the pool and picked the first day due to travel, etc. At 56 as a high and forecast dropping daily, I think we'll be wearing coats at the park which will be a first for me LOL, our last few trips were over Labor Day. On the upside, the only wet weather forecast at this point is Friday pm. Our plan is to leave the park after the parade, so by 4 and head to Disney Springs. Hopefully the rain will hold off until after the dinner hour. Have a great time.

Sorry, I was talking about Friday at MK, information which I apparently left out. Whazza matter, aren't you clairvoyant?

57 degrees at AK sounds like a dream! I think it's always around 157 degrees when I'm there.

I detest cold weather and pretty disappointed about the forecast BUT...this trip is for DD and she goes commando park touring and could care less about drinks around the pool lol. So 57 it is and we will love it.

You could also do something maybe you haven't done yet - Rafiki's Planet Watch. No FastPass needed and it might be a nice break to ride out there, pet some pigs and other animals (the hairy pig is my favorite) and just kind of chill on your first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter