Late-Night Magical Express Questions

MinnieFan

DIS Veteran
I have a question about whether or not to use Magical Express for our luggage on our next trip. We have an evening flight which our airline has moved even later, so we will be landing in Orlando about 11 p.m. I was planning on packing what we need for that night and the next day in a carryon, and using ME for our checked luggage. To complicate the situation, we are changing resorts the morning after check-in. So my questions are as follows:

1. Since hotel #1 will likely receive our checked luggage very late at night, perhaps after midnight, will bell services hold it for us until the next morning? Do we have to make a special request for this?

2. Due to the fact that we are changing resorts the next morning, would we be better off picking up the checked luggage at the airport and taking it on the ME bus, and then having bell services move everything to hotel #2 the next day?

I'm used to morning arrivals, so I've never had to deal with this situation before. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

1. Since hotel #1 will likely receive our checked luggage very late at night, perhaps after midnight, will bell services hold it for us until the next morning? Do we have to make a special request for this?
When you get to your room, call bell services and tell them to hold the luggage over night. Just make sure that you have everything for the next day in your carryon. In the morning head down to bell services and hand them your claim checks and ask them to transer your luggage to resort #2. Also hand over your repacked carryons to send to resort #2 at this time.

2. Due to the fact that we are changing resorts the next morning, would we be better off picking up the checked luggage at the airport and taking it on the ME bus, and then having bell services move everything to hotel #2 the next day?
Don't waste time late at night waiting for bags. Just pack a one day bag as your carryon and wait till the you are at resort #2 to open your checked luggage.

Thx this is very helpful. We are doing the same thing and was dreading this part.

Actually what the previous poster told you is incorrect. DME luggage service stops picking up luggage at the airport at 10:00 p.m.
You can not use the luggage pick up service since your will be arriving at 11:00p.m.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/airport-transportation-and-check-in/luggage-delivery/

Airport Transportation and Check In – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

If I use Disney’s Magical Express and I check my luggage, when will it be delivered to my hotel room?

A.

If your flight lands between 5:00 AM and 10:00 PM, it may take up to 3 hours after you arrive at select Disney Resort hotels for your luggage to be delivered. Please pack a carry-on bag with your valuables, medications and anything you’ll need immediately upon your arrival. You do not need to be in your room to receive your luggage.

Be sure not to pack your MagicBands in your checked luggage, as they will be used to check in with Disney’s Magical Express at Orlando International Airport and to unlock your room when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel.

If you arrive at Orlando International Airport after 10:00 PM, you must collect your luggage at Baggage Claim and bring it with you on the Disney’s Magical Express motorcoach.

Last edited:

Thx this is very helpful. We are doing the same thing and was dreading this part.

For some reason, you've read and posted into a very old thread. Be sure to check the posting dates as old information may appear. When you post into old threads it refreshes the thread and brings forward OLD information that others are starting to warn about on the thread.

Thanks and keep posting.

This thread is from literally almost a decade ago. How do people find this stuff?

The poster is "Earning Their Ears" and may not have known to check the post date of the questions and answers given. I've found that the post teasers appearing at the bottom of this page are often quite old.

On a lot of message boards (not just DIS) you always seem to see a lot of the same questions asked over and over again and we complain (at least to ourselves) or mention there is a search function. Then when they use possibly used the search function we ask why they are digging up such an old post? :rotfl2:

Too bad message boards don't have an auto-lock feature so that after no activity for a certain time it would lock the thread and not allow new posts.

The poster is "Earning Their Ears" and may not have known to check the post date of the questions and answers given. I've found that the post teasers appearing at the bottom of this page are often quite old.
Me too! I wish they could either turn that feature off or auto-lock posts that are a decade old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter