• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late Night at Ohana...Food?

mickey2minnie1

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

The only ADR I could get was for 8:35 on a Wed night. I took it, but we usually eat at 5 at home.

My question is...Is the food still fresh at that time? Do you notice any difference? How long so you think we will be waiting before we are seated?

Thanks DIS friends!

We ate there at 8:50 and there was still plenty of fresh food.We didn't feel rushed either, and the restaurant seemed less crowded and a little more peaceful. We just ate a late lunch that day to hold us over until our very late dinner.

Last trip, the earliest ADR we could get was 8:50. We had to wait until after the 9:00 fireworks ended and were seated then. It was no problem, food wise. They brought out everything fresh and were very good to us.

You shouldn't have issue with the food.
We ate there last time at 8:10 and the food was as good as it was previously, so no worries.
BUT I can tell you that at that time in the evening you may find yourself with a slow server and noise that could wake the dead.
I have learned that if we want Ohana we need to eat there early in the evening, due to the noise and service. Yes any server can have a bad night, but they run so hard every night that usually by 8 or so they are slowing down. Our poor server was so slow our food was to our table before our drinks last time.
And the noise, well we couldn't hold a conversation because of it.

But food.........it is so good......at any time of the night.

We ate there at 8:50 and there was still plenty of fresh food.We didn't feel rushed either, and the restaurant seemed less crowded and a little more peaceful. We just ate a late lunch that day to hold us over until our very late dinner.

We had an 8:15 ADR and I have to agree on all points. The food was still fresh and yummy, the service was good, we didn't feel rushed and we had a great table for watching Wishes. I honestly don't understand all the loud Ohana comments because it was so peaceful in there the night we went.

Thanks everyone! I am going to keep it! It was either 8:35 at Ohanas or 5 at the Wave for us. I do not think I can stay at the Poly and not eat Ohanas.:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter