• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late morning touring in August

Bella2000

DIS Veteran
We are staying on property at RPH (first time there) Friday - Sunday and we land at 9:30AM. Our last visit was 3 years ago when we stayed at HRH. I wondered which are the best areas for late morning touring. I will be with a 10 yr old who loves Harry Potter so that is the primary reason for the visit.

Three years ago she loved Spider Man and we seemed to spend more time at IOA but despite loving roller coaster she was too young for the coasters at IOA. I also wondered about Dueling Dragons now which I recall we saw 3 years ago. We don't have height restrictions issues; our issue is scary themes that aren't Harry Potter related. For instance I am dying to ride the mummy but I think that would be a no go this trip. Hulk also is a no go.

I also wanted to finally try Mythos and wondered if on the weekend would that be a better lunch the day we arrive or Sat/Sun.

Thanks for any insight.

Why are all of these areas a no go? There is no rule that says 10 year olds can't wait in the child swap area. You'll have express passes so it's not like there will be some long wait. And you may end up being surprised.

Why are all of these areas a no go? There is no rule that says 10 year olds can't wait in the child swap area. You'll have express passes so it's not like there will be some long wait. And you may end up being surprised.
No specific park areas are no go, sorry to confuse if I said that I'll need to reread my original post. 'Only no go for sure is actually Hulk because I am not keen to ride it. Is there a child swap for adults?;) Mummy might be a no go if it's dark and scary which I understand it is. She doesnt do the hokey Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror (which she would love because she loves that drop feeling) because theme is scary.

It's just going to be the two of us. I was wondering more about late touring start on Friday if we arrive at MCO at 9:30 especially with Harry Potter area being her obsession.

It's just going to be the two of us. I was wondering more about late touring start on Friday if we arrive at MCO at 9:30 especially with Harry Potter area being her obsession.
Since WWoHP is your main objective, check to see how the lines are once you arrive. If they are too long, spend some in Suess Landing, Jurassic Park and some of the other areas. She should enjoy Seuss Landing and Camp Jurassic. Then check the HP lines again. You might luck out and not have to wait very long for HP. Since you're staying onsite the other lines will not be an issue. As far as Mythos goes, you can either make a reservation or show up at 11am one day and the wait shouldn't be too long. The food and atmosphere is excellent and I'm sure you will both enjoy it.

Thank you for the suggestions! We have an awesome photo of the trex with us last time - we can do it again without the parental arm across kids chest and scary kid face.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter