Late May to Mid June trip, offsite

ksumn1

DIS Veteran
So I am planning a graduation trip for the family for potentially early May or early to Mid June 2014. Yes, I'm a planner. An overplanner, at that ;)

We've decided that we love Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the extra room and proximity to the WDW. We are leave and take a break after lunch people, and having the kitchen will be a huge help. This will be our first trip staying off site.

My major question is this.....how big of a deal is it to not do EMH? We used the TGM method last trip and it worked well but was curious as to others opinions.

And also, we will considering not buying PH passes this trip. I have convinced myself that it won't make that much of a difference. We are staying 9 nights, 10 days and getting 7 day tix, spending 1 day at the resort just relaxing and a day at the waterpark and minigolf. Both our other trips we had PH and really only used them maybe twice.

I guess I am just doubting myself and looking for some reassurance that it will, indeed, be fine.

I think so many deviations from out last trips (all on site, 1 value one deluxe resort, DDP, PH) is just throwing me into a tizzy!:lmao::scared1:

We actually try to avoid EMH, (many places advise you to avoid them, if you are not going to park hop) and we have never park hopped. It will be just fine! Especially since you have so many days, there is no need to spend time travelling from park to park.

So I am planning a graduation trip for the family for potentially early May or early to Mid June 2014. Yes, I'm a planner. An overplanner, at that ;)

We've decided that we love Wyndham Bonnet Creek for the extra room and proximity to the WDW. We are leave and take a break after lunch people, and having the kitchen will be a huge help. This will be our first trip staying off site.

My major question is this.....how big of a deal is it to not do EMH? We used the TGM method last trip and it worked well but was curious as to others opinions.

And also, we will considering not buying PH passes this trip. I have convinced myself that it won't make that much of a difference. We are staying 9 nights, 10 days and getting 7 day tix, spending 1 day at the resort just relaxing and a day at the waterpark and minigolf. Both our other trips we had PH and really only used them maybe twice.

I guess I am just doubting myself and looking for some reassurance that it will, indeed, be fine.

I think so many deviations from out last trips (all on site, 1 value one deluxe resort, DDP, PH) is just throwing me into a tizzy!:lmao::scared1:

Don't confuse "different" with better. Yes, it will be both fine and different. I'm one of those "a trip to the world is a good trip".
I've stayed both on and off site, both trips were absolutely great. Did we have to tour differently? sure! was it a hassle? Not in the least.

We never do rope drop and rarely do emh in the am. We always manage to "do every thing". I've never been in June so I'm not sure how that is.

It'll be fine.

We are not going to be doing Park Hoppers, for us we are one park a day type of people. I think that hopping takes alot of time, and the only time I have seen them make sense is when you are doing EMH

Good for you! Never too early to fantasize, errr, plan. :)

1. We wasted money on hoppers our first trip and only hopped once. For the subsequent trips, no hoppers, and we have had great trips! Plus, if you have a large group, hopping is a lot of work . . .

2. I avoid EMH days when I stay on site, so no loss for you (except I do try for late nights a MK).

3. I have never stayed off site, but I have been tempted by Bonnet Creek many times! I am sure the increase in space and kitchen will be great!

Happy planning!

Thank you all so much for reassuring me. All the arguments you gave were exactly the ones I used to justify NOT buying PH in the first place. Since our girls will be older, we decided that we needed space more than the onsite perks. On top of that, I have been instructed by Dh that this trip will be much more relaxing and less commando style than the last 2. That's really throwing me for a loop.:eek:

Thanks again!

I was so thrilled to read this because I am starting to make plans for our trip in September 2013. You made me feel normal :lmao:

We have only been once and stayed offsite. We had 10 day tickets and didn't have Park Hoppers. We had enough time that I didn't think it was necessary.

I was so thrilled to read this because I am starting to make plans for our trip in September 2013. You made me feel normal :lmao:

We have only been once and stayed offsite. We had 10 day tickets and didn't have Park Hoppers. We had enough time that I didn't think it was necessary.

I am glad that my planning mania can help your maintain normalcy. :rotfl2:
Really, this trip is a one that has been cancelled then rebooked several times due to "life" stuff. So actually, I've been planning this trip since our last one in 2006. Of course, it was supposed to happen in 2009.

So, essentially, this will be a trip 5 years in the planning !!!:confused3:eek:

We're planning a 9 night, 10 day stay, 7 day PH which is really helping me relax a bit about the uniqueness of this trip as compared to the others. This trip will actually include :scared1: relaxation!!!

Thanks for chiming in!

About park hopper: you can always add it at the parks if you need it.

When you are offsite, avoid the EMH parks.

We've been onsite 3 times and offsite 2 times. They were all great, but I must say that the older the kids get, the more I like offsite for the money savings and the space. With little ones staying onsite and on monorail is so worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter