• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late June vs early to mid August

ella's_mommy

Earning My Ears
Due to our kids school schedules and the fact that we vacation with family from a different state (school vacations are different), we can go to Disney either late June (after their kids are done with school) or early to mid August (before mine starts back). Just looking for recommendations over which is the better time to go next year. I know neither is ideal but those are our choices. Thanks!

To give you an idea of heat, we went at the end of July last year and drove. When we checked out our last day we packed up the car and went to MK for a half day. When we got back to the car around 3 all of our travel bottles of shampoo, deodorant, and my daughters crayons in her backpack had melted! It's hot! That said, we are going in early August, I'm a teacher so no choice!

I lived in Florida for 8 years, June is much better in terms of humidity. August is miserable.

I don't think there will be much of an advantage over either time in terms of crowds, so I'd go with June as less chance of lots of rain and it shouldn't be as hot...still very hot, but not as hot as mid Aug.

I've lived in Florida and been going to the parks for 15 years and I can 100% say that June will be much better. The heat is a lot more bearable and crowds might be better since some kids will still be in school but heat wise, August would be a miserable trip and you guys would most likely be very overheated so I would suggest June. Have a wonderful trip and a magical day! :flower1:

Thank you so much for your help! We were originally planning on June but then I started to second guess. I know the crowds will be big but we are planning on 10 days so we will have time. June it is!

I have a little different take. We always go in mid-late August. Once we went in mid-July and never again. Like many others have said, it's hot in August. After the first visit we learned that heavy cargo shorts and golf shirts were not advisable. We switched to lighter clothing, which was much better. That said, we do not have a huge problem with the heat anyway. We have become more accustomed to going to the park, back to the resort pool and back to the park. So many of the attractions are air conditioned (except for AK), that we seem to be heading inside when the heat becomes an issue. The biggest reason we prefer August is the crowds. Many southern schools are back in session and the camps are done for the summer (full disclosure, I don't know when they start, but they were there in July!), so we have found the lines are a little shorter. Just my 2 cents...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter