• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late for work

My supervisor is very easy going and doesn't have a problem with us being late. I like to be timely, so if I m running late then I don't do other stuff to make myself later just because I'm late anyways. There's a daily design critique meeting (or almost daily, depending on what people have gotten done) that I attend at 8:30 (when our workday is scheduled to start) and I think being late to that meeting is rude to everyone else who made the effort to get in on time, so I generally get in early every day.

I'm a Federal employee and if I am running late I call, period, to let my boss know. He has no problem with me being late occasionally, but I am required to either make up the time or take leave. We are also required to call in if we're going to be more than two hours late, but the reality is, everyone calls in for more than 1/2 hour. Also, I'm required to work 64 hours per two week pay period (part-time) and there are core hours (plus half hour each day for lunch that cannot be at the beginning or ending of the day), so, in reality I can easily make up the time which I do as needed, usually by being in at least 10 min early each day. But, the upside is, I can take leave anytime I want. But, there's a responsibility that goes along with that and it's that I don't leave them hanging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter