Late final payment

mackaylc

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

I have a package booked from May 12-May 20. My final payment is due on April 12. I have a large lump sum coming to me on April 13. What is everyone's experience when you do not pay the final payment on time? I called to ask for an extension of two business days, but was told they could not provide an extension. But that I should receive an email at the end of the day that my payment is due, giving a "drop dead" date for payment. She also noted on my account that I will be paying on April 13. I am just looking for some recent experiences people may have had on this? I feel that they would not want to cancel if they believe the person is going to pay?

Thanks all!

My aunt had her package canceled (she was a space case, thought she had paid, but actually hadn't)

ETA: When she realized her mistake Disney was able to rebook everything she had booked (resort/tickets/most of her ADRs)

Last edited:

I called and had mine extended by a week , I moved money to another card and needed a few business days to have it show , they were super nice about it and had no issues , but you definitely have to call :)

I had a payment due Mar 22nd but forgot to go online and process it. I received a email notification that payment was late on the 23rd and then went online to pay. It was not an issue at all

I did call, I just know that sometimes phone CMs can have it wrong, and I would just like to be reassured that this is truly the process. That an email will be sent out at the end of the final payment date, and I won't have my package cancelled automatically overnight.

I called and had mine extended by a week , I moved money to another card and needed a few business days to have it show , they were super nice about it and had no issues , but you definitely have to call :)

I find this interesting, because the CM on the phone told me I could not get an extension.

My aunt had her package canceled (she was a space case, thought she had paid, but actually hadn't)

ETA: When she realized her mistake Disney was able to rebook everything she had booked (resort/tickets/most of her ADRs)

How late was she?

I find this interesting, because the CM on the phone told me I could not get an extension.

Yeh they didn’t hesitate at all , just let them know why and they were very accommodating, it was a last minute change for me and the bank was being pretty slow because of a holiday weekend .

I might call them again on Monday. She flat out told me she could not provide an extension despite explaining the situation. I also worry because I do have to put the money on a credit card before making the payment, so it will have to process that first.

I wonder if you made a partial payment on 4/12 if it would help at all. Like a good faith payment, with the notation that the difference will be paid the next day. I would call again and see if you can get a different answer from a CM or even offer a partial payment as an option. My MIL was able to get a payment extension on her package last year by a a week. She had been making regular payments but needed the extra week to pay the rest of the balance. I know others who have had success too, but that was back when the package payment date was still 45 days out.

I also wonder if the CMs may be trained to tell you no at first, in hopes that it gets you to find a way to pay on time. A sales tactic, so to speak. But at the end of the day, they will allow an extension because they don't want to lose your booking. Kind of like a car salesman who says no to your price at first and as you get ready to walk out the door, they start backpedaling.

ADRs shouldn't cancel if your package gets canceled. They aren't tied to a resort reservation in that way. Anyone can book an ADR, even without a room or package reservation.

I might call them again on Monday. She flat out told me she could not provide an extension despite explaining the situation. I also worry because I do have to put the money on a credit card before making the payment, so it will have to process that first.
I would call them again today .. for sure and speak to someone else . I have had to extend before with no issue that time either . I would explain about the credit card and they know it takes a few days for the funds to be available. I would really just speak to someone else because they didn’t even hesitate when I called .

ADRs shouldn't cancel if your package gets canceled. They aren't tied to a resort reservation in that way. Anyone can book an ADR, even without a room or package reservation.

Not enough coffee this morning, meant to type FPs

@mackaylc I'm not sure how late she was, i think she realized something was wrong when she didn't get an email about her magicbands...

I called the day before it was due and let them know that I'd be a few days late on the payment and they made a note in my file. I was told by the guest services agent that if you don't make payment, they will start to call you like a collections agency, and I think it was a certain number of days (maybe 12?) before they actually cancelled your package.

I called the day before it was due and let them know that I'd be a few days late on the payment and they made a note in my file. I was told by the guest services agent that if you don't make payment, they will start to call you like a collections agency, and I think it was a certain number of days (maybe 12?) before they actually cancelled your package.

That makes me feel a bit better!

This happened to us a few years ago! There was a medical emergency with a family member and it completely slipped our minds. After we got an email that our deadline had passed (I think it said something like, if you're still interested in making your trip, please call us to arrange for final payment), I called very apologetically and they told me not to worry about it. The CM I spoke to said they would never cancel someone's trip without sending a reminder first...she said that after all, they have a vested interest in the guest following through and actually coming on the trip!

Crossing my fingers that everything works out ok for you! :)

I needed an extra week a few years back and I called Disney. They extended my date with no problem. Call and talk to another CM.

If you are getting a sum of money on the 13th, why not put it on a credit card and when you get your money then you just pay the credit card. It will give you peace of mind that it has been paid and often credit cards offer percentage back or points so you could earn a little something on the transaction. The key is to make sure you pay that credit card right away so that it doesn't incur any fees

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter