Late fall 2021 discounts?

It's not just the rack rate. It's delta. December is iffy right now, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have 2 years of APs that I barely used. I used my last AP (renewed in July) for only one trip, so it hardly paid for itself, but I renewed, since I was hopeful then for this next year. Right now? I dunno.

ETA: Also, I was guessing there'd be a decent AP discount for the fall. This usually comes out in July. And it's September already.

I received a survey from Disney asking on a 1-10 scale how likely we were to keep our reservation. I entered a 1 I think. I was then asked what would it take to keep our reservation. One of the reasons I provided was that I would need a discount.

They also asked how long was our trip to central Florida and how many nights were on property.

So Disney is definitely getting some feedback regardless if they take action or not.

I hope they send me one! LOL

At this point I'd take either a discount, or some sort of Free Dining option. Anything to save a few bucks would make me much more happy to keep my reservation. Our last trip we ended up with free quick service dining (I think on top of a discount? Can't remember now), I'd be happy with just that!

Email but it was only for 1 of 3 reservations I am holding for the same week. I have a split stay reserved.

I have a split stay with 3 reservations as well in mid-November so will keep my eyes out for a survey! Are you traveling in October? I could see the survey starting with earlier fall reservations (like October) to judge if and when to release something?

Although I heard on the Dis podcast, I think it was, that Disney's biggest complaint is crowd size - that it's alwaya too crowded. So maybe the increased pricing and lack of discounts is intentional to decrease crowds? But given the # of resorts on property (and counting), that's a lot of beds to fill. I can't ever imagine a scenario where they are trying to keep profits and bookings high at all the resorts and DVC properties that would also lead to any success at keeping crowds lower in the parks?

Clearly Disney hires intelligent folks so it seems there has to be some method to all this madness - some end goal? Decrease atrendance while still maximizing profits by increasing costs for those who do choose WDW? But again, hard to see how they can do that with so many beds to fill 7 days a week, 365 days!

when would fall 2021 discounts traditionally be shown?

Fall 2021? Well, that's the point of this thread. There is no Fall 2021 discount (so far). The latest discount ends Sept. 29 (had to be booked by Aug. 28).

Fall discounts historically drop in mid-July, sometimes as early as April.

I was looking at a one night stay in October and saw no availability as well with no discount.

Short stays can be difficult, many are blocked by the room inventory algorithm which tries minimize orphaned rooms.

It's not just the rack rate. It's delta. December is iffy right now, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have 2 years of APs that I barely used. I used my last AP (renewed in July) for only one trip, so it hardly paid for itself, but I renewed, since I was hopeful then for this next year. Right now? I dunno.

ETA: Also, I was guessing there'd be a decent AP discount for the fall. This usually comes out in July. And it's September already.

That's a tough spot to be in for sure! And you're right, COVID is a factor in all this and decisions people are making!

And maybe (to add to my last post) there is some financial catching up that Disney is trying to do for having closed for some months, and decreasing attendance due to COVID restrictions. But IMO that shouldn't fall to Disney guests to make up for lost profits.

I also received the emailed survey about a month ago even though I have two reservations that are booked with a special rate. The three other rooms that I booked and are paying for at rack rate for family members did not receive a survey. Clearly, they aren't looking at the actual reservations and their components but are sending them out randomly.

Last edited:
So - when these discounts do come out - because they WILL - What is the easiest way to lock into the discount? Call and sit on hold all day? can it be done through MDE?

So - when these discounts do come out - because they WILL - What is the easiest way to lock into the discount? Call and sit on hold all day? can it be done through MDE?

MDE if you have a reservation already. There is specifically a modify vacation offer separate from modifying dates/resort.

I have a split stay with 3 reservations as well in mid-November so will keep my eyes out for a survey! Are you traveling in October? I could see the survey starting with earlier fall reservations (like October) to judge if and when to release something?

Although I heard on the Dis podcast, I think it was, that Disney's biggest complaint is crowd size - that it's alwaya too crowded. So maybe the increased pricing and lack of discounts is intentional to decrease crowds? But given the # of resorts on property (and counting), that's a lot of beds to fill. I can't ever imagine a scenario where they are trying to keep profits and bookings high at all the resorts and DVC properties that would also lead to any success at keeping crowds lower in the parks?

Clearly Disney hires intelligent folks so it seems there has to be some method to all this madness - some end goal? Decrease atrendance while still maximizing profits by increasing costs for those who do choose WDW? But again, hard to see how they can do that with so many beds to fill 7 days a week, 365 days!

It was on my December stay. I have a November stay for earlier in the week that I got nothing on. Neither was booked on a special rate so I do think just random.

I’m at Saratoga Springs and have never paid rack rate. November 12-20. Really aggravated that they haven’t announced anything yet. I mean, our final payment is due in about a month. Have they really ever waited this long?

I really wouldn't be surprised if there are no discounts. Nothing Disney is doing these days makes sense. Or if they are discounts it will be via Priceline/Hotwire deals that they don't have to advertise. Disney doesn't want the message that they have to entice people to attend the 50th even if it ends up being true.

I really wouldn't be surprised if there are no discounts. Nothing Disney is doing these days makes sense. Or if they are discounts it will be via Priceline/Hotwire deals that they don't have to advertise. Disney doesn't want the message that they have to entice people to attend the 50th even if it ends up being true.

Yeah and they can only really get away with this ( maybe ) because they haven’t opened capacity all the way up. I think there will be very pinpointed, late discounts…Priceline/Hotwire as you mentioned, maybe AP for specific resorts on specific dates etc

I’m at Saratoga Springs and have never paid rack rate. November 12-20. Really aggravated that they haven’t announced anything yet. I mean, our final payment is due in about a month. Have they really ever waited this long?
I think you guys are severely underestimating the post-October-1 demand. Not for the 50th Anniversary per se, but because that's when Rat, Harmonious, and Enchantment open.

Yeah and they can only really get away with this ( maybe ) because they haven’t opened capacity all the way up.
They're not deliberately holding back capacity to keep occupancy rates high, they're holding back capacity because they're having an impossible time staffing up. They can't get the housekeepers to service the resorts that are currently open, let alone new ones.

I really wouldn't be surprised if there are no discounts. Nothing Disney is doing these days makes sense.
Why would it make sense to release discounts if they're selling out without them?

I think you guys are severely underestimating the post-October-1 demand. Not for the 50th Anniversary per se, but because that's when Rat, Harmonious, and Enchantment open.

They're not deliberately holding back capacity to keep occupancy rates high, they're holding back capacity because they're having an impossible time staffing up. They can't get the housekeepers to service the resorts that are currently open, let alone new ones.

Why would it make sense to release discounts if they're selling out without them?

That’s all well and good - but they would absolutely be forced to offer discounts (and still may be) if capacity was normal. Yes we know they are clearly having trouble hiring despite Chapek stating otherwise.

For those that are canceling are you just going to stay off site or cancel all together? I mean really there's not a lot of perks to staying on property anymore anyway. The only off property place I've stayed at closed last year so I wouldn't even know where to book at this point.

For those that are canceling are you just going to stay off site or cancel all together? I mean really there's not a lot of perks to staying on property anymore anyway. The only off property place I've stayed at closed last year so I wouldn't even know where to book at this point.
We don't know what's going to happen, so I'm not sure if my answer will be helpful, but if the delta situation remains as it is, we won't be going in December at all. If things change, though, we do intend to go, however, we won't be staying at AKL unless there's a discount. I'm not sure where we'll be staying, probably at a Mod. We're onsite visitors, since we come by plane and don't rent a car. Staying off-site in a location where there's nothing nearby that's convenient is out of the question, since we'd be renting Uber/Lyft several times a day, which would negate the cost savings.

That’s all well and good - but they would absolutely be forced to offer discounts (and still may be) if capacity was normal. Yes we know they are clearly having trouble hiring despite Chapek stating otherwise.

Why would they be "forced" to offer discounts with normal capacity? Do you really believe the combo of 50th, holidays, revenge travel would not fill up WDW at 100% capacity? As it stands, they're pretty close to booked solid last quarter of the year. Why would they need to offer discounts if people are grabbing every room available? For every person who is on here saying they will cancel their reservation without a discount, there are 3 people waiting to snap up that reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter