Late fall 2014 room only discount out

Well success. I called last night. I asked the CM about it showing no discount for oct 19-23 at POR which I already have a reservation for but when I put in oct 19- 26. The discount came up which I thought was wrong of Disney. I straight out asked her is I could just reserve for longer then take away days and still get discount? She could not answer this so put me on hold to ask. After waiting 30 minutes she came back and said they would apply the discount to my days! Saved like $170! Yea!

This discount hasn't helped us at all...going Oct 2 - 8. Would have to do separate reservations, PLUS there's no availability other than suites (around $7000). Really hopeful for the Annual Pass discount soon...otherwise we are paying full price...which would be the first trip we haven't gotten some form of a discount (Room Discount/Free Dining) in well over 6 years.

This discount hasn't helped us at all...going Oct 2 - 8. Would have to do separate reservations, PLUS there's no availability other than suites (around $7000). Really hopeful for the Annual Pass discount soon...otherwise we are paying full price...which would be the first trip we haven't gotten some form of a discount (Room Discount/Free Dining) in well over 6 years.

Your dates are during the Gartner Symposium, Oct 5-9th. It is a huge convention. Unfortunately, I've noticed in years past that availability and discounts are hard to come by during Gartner dates.

Does anyone have any guesses as to WHY the week of nov. 8-16 would be a lesser discount ( only 25%)?

It's Veterans Day weekend, Jersey week, the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival, and the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm also waiting for the AP discounts so I can add the dining plan. It's like torture watching the availability diminish as I sit here and wait for who knows how long.

I'm also waiting for the AP discounts so I can add the dining plan. It's like torture watching the availability diminish as I sit here and wait for who knows how long.

Do we really think there will be AP discounts if there is so limited availability now?

Do we really think there will be AP discounts if there is so limited availability now?

There's never been an instance where there aren't pass holder rates released, even with limited availability. its the only way to add the dining plan without tickets.

If you have a room reservation, you can add the DDP now. The RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and an AP + Dine package booked (requiring a new deposit), but you can do that at any time, not just when room discounts are offered.

There's never been an instance where there aren't pass holder rates released, even with limited availability. its the only way to add the dining plan without tickets.

There doesn't have to be an AP discount released to add the DDP as you can book the DDP + room at rack rate (AP ticketless package). Also, a few months ago, Disney was offering everybody the chance to book a room + DDP (not just AP holders) without having to buy tickets. Nobody knows if this will become a permanent thing or not, but if I remember right, it was being offered through mid December.

If you have a room reservation, you can add the DDP now. The RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and an AP + Dine package booked (requiring a new deposit), but you can do that at any time, not just when room discounts are offered.

There doesn't have to be an AP discount released to add the DDP as you can book the DDP + room at rack rate (AP ticketless package). Also, a few months ago, Disney was offering everybody the chance to book a room + DDP (not just AP holders) without having to buy tickets. Nobody knows if this will become a permanent thing or not, but if I remember right, it was being offered through mid December.

I booked a room under the GP discount that was offered, and while I was on the phone, inquired about adding the dining plan without the pass holder rates. The CM said it would have to be under the umbrella of a pass holder rate, and being that the current one expires 9/27 we should see the next one in the next few weeks. (early August, which is my guess as well, August 5th is on my calendar as my official prediction lol)

I've had to book AP+DDP the past 4 or 5 years (whenever they started allowing APs to book dining plans) and there's never been a time where they didn't release rates. My concern isn't that they won't release the rates, my concern is that by the time they do, availability will be worse then it is now. Lucky for me, my trip dates are September 28th-October 5th (literally 1 day after the current AP promotion haha!) so I hope I can get into AKL, if I can't, i'll just keep my room only reservation and not get the DDP :confused3

Whats even more frustrating is the 60 days for FP+ thing. It's definitely not fair that I have every intention of booking a room prior to the 60 day cutoff, but because of Disney's weird timing with releasing promotions, if I didn't book a RO, i'd be out of luck.

I wish we could go back to when AP rates/discounts were a "perk" of the program, and were released before the GP promotions. I also don't see booking rack rate + DDP as a fair option. I shouldn't be "penalized" for wanting to add a Dining Plan, just because I'm a pass holder that doesn't need tickets. I would just add 1 day tickets to my RO, and add the DDP that way

Sorry, this is just really frustrating.

I had a GF themepark view room booked for Oct 24-27. I called yesterday and, after getting off hold, was told I could get the discount for a garden view room. the savings was more than $1,000, so I couldn't pass it up. I do wonder, though, if anyone else has been able to get the discount on a themepark view room at GF?

I booked a room under the GP discount that was offered, and while I was on the phone, inquired about adding the dining plan without the pass holder rates. The CM said it would have to be under the umbrella of a pass holder rate, and being that the current one expires 9/27 we should see the next one in the next few weeks. (early August, which is my guess as well, August 5th is on my calendar as my official prediction lol)

I've had to book AP+DDP the past 4 or 5 years (whenever they started allowing APs to book dining plans) and there's never been a time where they didn't release rates. My concern isn't that they won't release the rates, my concern is that by the time they do, availability will be worse then it is now. Lucky for me, my trip dates are September 28th-October 5th (literally 1 day after the current AP promotion haha!) so I hope I can get into AKL, if I can't, i'll just keep my room only reservation and not get the DDP :confused3

Whats even more frustrating is the 60 days for FP+ thing. It's definitely not fair that I have every intention of booking a room prior to the 60 day cutoff, but because of Disney's weird timing with releasing promotions, if I didn't book a RO, i'd be out of luck.

I wish we could go back to when AP rates/discounts were a "perk" of the program, and were released before the GP promotions. I also don't see booking rack rate + DDP as a fair option. I shouldn't be "penalized" for wanting to add a Dining Plan, just because I'm a pass holder that doesn't need tickets. I would just add 1 day tickets to my RO, and add the DDP that way

Could not agree more. There doesn't seem to be much of a perk of having an Annual Pass anymore. We have had such a terrible time trying to book our trip that I doubt we will do it again. Everytime we call, there is a glitch and they have to re-book our room only deal. We have lost a room at Beach Club, and one cast member was so rude to me I hung up. I have really been disappointed with Disney booking this go round...

I have a question that I didn't even think I needed to ask but now I am not so sure....

Can we book the RO discount AND add DDP and tickets to make it a package while keeping the room discount? :confused3

I presumed we could....but I'm not sure.

I was able to book at OKW Nov 20-28 and only have to pay full price the last two days of the trip. Normally I have not seen any discounts for thanksgiving week, so this worked out great for us.

We were going to do free dining, but we really don't like to eat out for every meal so the RO discount is probably going to save somewhere around $1,000 for us during a holiday week.

Fantastic and the ability to pay at check-in vs. 45 days is also a good thing so we have longer to decide if we're actually going LOL.

I have a question that I didn't even think I needed to ask but now I am not so sure....

Can we book the RO discount AND add DDP and tickets to make it a package while keeping the room discount? :confused3

Yes, you can. :thumbsup2

I understand now :). This is just a suggestion, but if there is no availability under the AP discount when it comes out, ask about the room + DDP that was available to the GP. From what I understood about it, it was a temporary thing that Disney was trying that was good through sometime in December. I'm not sure if you can use a GP discount on the room and still add the DDP, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. The CM you originally spoke to might not have known about it or it could be over, but it never hurts to ask ;).

I understand about being frustrated about AP rates not coming out sooner. We've never had APs, but each time I consider getting them, some other perk is getting taken away, but the cost increases :sad2:.

I had a GF themepark view room booked for Oct 24-27. I called yesterday and, after getting off hold, was told I could get the discount for a garden view room. the savings was more than $1,000, so I couldn't pass it up. I do wonder, though, if anyone else has been able to get the discount on a themepark view room at GF?

I can't answer about a discount on a TPV room, but wanted to say congrats on the savings :thumbsup2.

As a pp said, yes you can :).

Our AAA agent was able to apply a discount to our trip, we are getting $140 back! She was on hold for two hours, she said most of her clients weren't able to use it.

We are at the Beach Club Nov. 28-Dec. 4, lucky to get it!

What I don't understand is why there's already info about a Late Fall AP discount on the AP site but it's not in their computer? You can't book anything online through the site and when you call CM's say the AP discount hasn't been released yet.
It clearly states Save up to 30% most nights Oct 4 through Nov 25 and Nov 29 through Dec 23. Book by Oct 3, 2014.
When I mentioned this yesterday, the CM nicely insisted that I was mistaken. But she willingly tried numerous times to try to get the discount at various resorts just to see if it would work and of course it didn't. She suggested I call back in a couple of days.
I did get the GP discount which was a little better than the AAA that I had.

I understand now :). This is just a suggestion, but if there is no availability under the AP discount when it comes out, ask about the room + DDP that was available to the GP. From what I understood about it, it was a temporary thing that Disney was trying that was good through sometime in December. I'm not sure if you can use a GP discount on the room and still add the DDP, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. The CM you originally spoke to might not have known about it or it could be over, but it never hurts to ask ;).

I understand about being frustrated about AP rates not coming out sooner. We've never had APs, but each time I consider getting them, some other perk is getting taken away, but the cost increases :sad2:.

Thanks for the suggestion, Wow if I can book the DDP without adding tickets to this GP offer it would save me a lot of time, energy and frustration :lmao: I'll have to call tomorrow, thanks :)

Does anyone know if sometimes resorts will open back up with this discount? Right now I'm booked at All Star Movies, but I would really (REALLY) prefer to be at POP. Right now it's showing nothing available during my dates :( I don't want to keep stalking if it's pretty much a lost cause.

Does anyone know if sometimes resorts will open back up with this discount? Right now I'm booked at All Star Movies, but I would really (REALLY) prefer to be at POP. Right now it's showing nothing available during my dates :( I don't want to keep stalking if it's pretty much a lost cause.

IME it seems they sporadically add rooms as they need to in order to fill them. I would guess if there is avail at pop for your dates at rack rate then it would be worthwhile to stalk the site. They may add some of the avail rooms to the discount eventually if occupancy warrants it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter