Late fall 2014 room only discount out

Coronado Springs Oct 22-31: NOTHING AVAILABLE

When I look online it says that there are no rooms available at all, yet this past weekend there were plenty of rooms in different categories available?! :confused3

So another round where we don't qualify for the discounts. What a crock. :badpc:

Fingers crossed that some rooms get released....at least i have a bit of time to keep checking and possibly get lucky. sigh.

Can't believe discount came out this morning and when I called a few minutes ago all the two bedroom AKL discounted rooms are gone. I will still be going but it seems like this has become a game this year. Discounts are coming out sooner than expected with too many exceptions . Will keep checking but you get your hopes up and then again nothing to be had! Just ranting to feel better.:confused3

Just thought I'd mention that if you book through Orbitz you can get an extra 15% off of Disney's discounted rates. The code is email15. (I also went through ebates which will give me an extra 1.3% back...not much but it all adds up)

Also if you participate in the orbucks thing, there is a promo that gives you a bonus 60 orbucks.

I had to change my dates for my Pop century stay due to husbands business trip, and was waiting for the fall room discounts to come out. So this morning I booked my 3 nights and paid $271 for it (standard room Oct 5-8). The bonus $60 orbucks didn't show up yet, but claims it will in the next 5 days.

Edited to add that I just went into MDE and linked the Orbitz res to MDE (the Disney conf was in the email they sent to me), and I also already entered everything into Magic express for my res.

How does this work? Do i just do a reservation with them, can i still get the park passes and the dining plan added on? Can I still qualify to book fastpass+ at the 60 day mark?

edited to add: I just priced it out with Orbitz, and it is $3700. take away the 10% off the room portion, and its $3500. With disney I am at $3300. :O(

Thanks...

No. It should be about 15% less. Did you try the other one email15? It will say across the top of the screen if your promo code has been applied. Also make sure you are comparing the same room category when comparing prices to the Disney site.

Edited: I just tried review15 and it works. Not sure what the issue is for you.

It's still coming out a dollar more...524 vs 525 and some odd change. The only difference is the room on Orbitz is Garden View and on Disney is Standard.

Which would you go with?? And do you just link it to MDE to get Magic Bands and all??

Also, can you add a dining plan to these on Orbitz?

How does this work? Do i just do a reservation with them, can i still get the park passes and the dining plan added on? Can I still qualify to book fastpass+ at the 60 day mark?

Thanks...

You book directly on the Orbitz site. You can add park passes, but not dining plan. And yes, after you link your reservation to the MDE site, you are eligible to book fastpasses at the 60 day mark.

I called this morning. We had a Woods view room booked at the WL 12/6 to 12/12. We had to change to bunk bed woods view room which is $40 extra per night in order to get the 30% discount. We saved $492 from our original booking price even with the $40 per night added on. :)

I called this morning. We had a Woods view room booked at the WL 12/6 to 12/12. We had to change to bunk bed woods view room which is $40 extra per night in order to get the 30% discount. We saved $492 from our original booking price even with the $40 per night added on. :)

Great deal!!!!!:wizard:

Got our dates at Pop Century, 10/23 to 11/3. I had a AAA discount on two preferred rooms but since Disney was offering twice the discount of AAA and it was on standard rooms, all total I am saving $460 total over my AAA discount for our two rooms.

Unfortunately my TA had to hold for two hours but I got what I wanted so I am very happy!

I was amazed however at how little was available for our dates, and felt really lucky that the resort and category I wanted were both available. We normally stay moderate but opted to do two rooms this time, and being in the value category definitely worked to our advantage.

Nov 7 -10

nothing at GF, CR, POLY, BWI, BC, YC,

unless you are willing to pay for suites, etc

AKL does have some rooms available, but not much and not what we were looking for

Hoping for AP discount, but NOT holding my breath........

This has got to be the worst/least release of discounts ever. I can't believe that we couldn't get either one of 6 resorts in any room category!

I did get 20% off my POR reservation, but I had to downgrade my preferred room reservation I booked in March to a garden view to get it. So my savings included an additional ~$150 in savings from the switch in categories for a total of $450 in savings. I'm thinking I should keep checking to see if any preferred rooms become available with the discount. We have little ones and I was hoping not to have a long walk through the alligator bayou.

Nov 7 -10

nothing at GF, CR, POLY, BWI, BC, YC,

unless you are willing to pay for suites, etc

AKL does have some rooms available, but not much and not what we were looking for

Hoping for AP discount, but NOT holding my breath........

This has got to be the worst/least release of discounts ever. I can't believe that we couldn't get either one of 6 resorts in any room category!

That's Veteran's Day weekend, end of Jersey week, 1/2 Marathon, end of Food & Wine. The resorts are usually sold out, especially those close to Epcot. I just checked Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Contemporary they are totally sold out, even for full price. They probably figure they will be able to sell GF & Poly for full price.

It's still coming out a dollar more...524 vs 525 and some odd change. The only difference is the room on Orbitz is Garden View and on Disney is Standard.

Which would you go with??

Do you vacation enough to make Orbucks worth it? And do you use Ebates? There is a very small ebates amount for Orbitz hotel stays right now (which you would receive via check in the mail), and the Orbucks for my stay were over $30 to apply toward a future booking. If you travel like I do, I'd pick Orbitz for the perks. I also spend enough time in my room (and like the little luxuries enough) that I'd prefer a Garden View versus standard. I'm sorry if you've already shared, but I missed which resort you're considering. It's nice to have a little "upgrade" for a dollar more if everything is otherwise equal.

After I completed my reservation and paid, I got a nice little reminder in the confirmation email that if I'd used the app, I'd have received an additional 2% in Orbucks, so if you don't use Ebates you might want to install the Orbitz app.

This is the worst of choices to date so far..I do realize that Disney owes me no discounts and it is Great and well appreaciated when they do... however just bumed I will now start checking out the Swan/Dolphin Resorts.. Nov.30-Dec.-7th..

I have GF GV for 11/30-12/8. Went thru orbitz for additional 20% off. They had different avail vs what Disney had too.

::yes:: I've done this before. Booked more nights than I needed & called later to drop some. Have been able keep the discount rate no problem. Unfortunate that you have to sometimes know how to play Disney's game.

Me too.:badpc:

Your right, Disney owes us no discounts, but then I don't owe them my hard earned and saved vacation dollars.

This was a real iffy year for us. We have been extremely fortunate to go in 2010 & 2012, but it wasn't really on the radar for this year until the DW started bugging me about it back in May or so.

Unfortunately the free dining offer excluded our dates and resort and this new release just isn't enough incentive (assuming we can even find availability) for us to down. Deluxes for our desired time period 11/29-12/7 are only 25% and most likely we'd go down 11/28 which means we'd have to pay full rack rate (at premium rates) for one night.

Sad day, was hoping for better news.

Try orbitz with the promo code stacked on fall discount. They have more avail than wdw.com.

Even with the REVIEW 15 on Orbitz, the price is 1.00 or so more than what I can get online at WDW's website....is this right??

Do you have kids on the ressie? If so, remove them so it is just 2 adults. That will give you the correct price. THen call orbitz and tell them that they need to call wdw cro to add on your children without charging for them, as Disney doesn't charge for kids in a room. I have had to do this the past 2 years, but it's worth it to save hundreds of dollars! As soon as I got off the phone with orbitz I checked MDE and the kids were in there.:wizard:

I had a promo email for 20% off orbitz. Applied that and the fall discount for a 8 night stay at GF GV 11/30-12/8 for $2870! That's about $600 less than through Disney directly. Yippee! :banana:

Does anyone have any guesses as to WHY the week of nov. 8-16 would be a lesser discount ( only 25%)?

For October 20-25th at POR.

HAD a Regular Room, Garden view for $190.
GOT a Royal Room, River view for $187.50.

Didn't save much but I'm definitely getting a better room and location and I'm very happy about that.

BTW, I called around 6:30 pm EDT and that is the ONLY discount that was available at POR.

For those of you that tried to get a discount yesterday with no luck try again!

Yesterday there was nothing available at GF for our dates. Well, this morning I checked online and LV rooms were available. I called to make the upgrade from GV to LV with the discount and saved over $600. :)

Called back this morning and there are now discounted rooms at All-Star Sports. Switched back from Pop for a total savings of $129 from the original reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter