Late fall 2014 room only discount out

We've been waiting for a room-only discount at POFQ for Dec. 5-10. However, the whole time I have been watching the rates, disney has listed room only at $170, and now they say standard rate is $229, then they take 20% off that leaving the room still more expensive than before the "discount"! :sad2:

Try expedia. They are offering discounted rooms with an extra 10%, better than what Disney is offering.

Just spent an hour on hold with Disney to apply the 30% for our trip to the YC in November and I got it. We weren't able to get the free dining, but the new rate applied. We just saved $700.00!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This is the worst of choices to date so far..I do realize that Disney owes me no discounts and it is Great and well appreaciated when they do... however just bumed I will now start checking out the Swan/Dolphin Resorts..

It would be helpful if people posted the dates they are looking for instead of just saying their dates are available/unavailable. Dec 8-13 was previously blacked out even for bounceback & is now available at Y&B.

So I am already booked at POR Oct 19-23. I can change my dates a little. I was messing with dates. Put in oct 22-25. No availability. Put in Oct 22-28 there is availability. Seems pretty fishy!

So I am already booked at POR Oct 19-23. I can change my dates a little. I was messing with dates. Put in oct 22-25. No availability. Put in Oct 22-28 there is availability. Seems pretty fishy!

Disney's date searches have worked like that for a long time. That's why many advise checking different dates. Folks have been known to book the best deal, and the drop the extra day or so later. ;)

Another option is a split stay. Some days at one rate, the rest at another.

Where is the extra 10% ? Is it a promo code?

At the top of the page. It's HOTEL10. :D

Got an Animal Kingdom Standard View for average. $203 a night, which is what I figured the Fall Promo would save me if they had any standard rooms available with the discount. The only negative is that you have to pay in full and not all hotels are discounted, but they are offering a better selection of basic discounted rooms than really expensive views or bunk beds. :hippie:

We've been waiting for a room-only discount at POFQ for Dec. 5-10. However, the whole time I have been watching the rates, disney has listed room only at $170, and now they say standard rate is $229, then they take 20% off that leaving the room still more expensive than before the "discount"! :sad2:

I checked the room only, undiscounted rate on both the WDW & Allears sites. Both show the standard room as $181 weeknight & $201 weekend . So Disney hasn't changed the rate. Not sure where you were seeing the $170 before. As PP said, there is a garden view room with discount for your dates at $159 + tax.

I was on hold for 40 mins trying to make a payment for another reservation. I hung up and just used the automated system. Then I went on the Dis and saw that the RO offer finally came out. I've been waiting for it to book the 2nd part of my stay. I saw on this thread that YC/BC was no longer available and that's where we wanted to stay at. So called Disney back and within 3 minutes someone answered my call and said there was still availability for my dates, Dec 17-21. Scored a Garden view!! I'm a happy camper now :)

Disney's date searches have worked like that for a long time. That's why many advise checking different dates. Folks have been known to book the best deal, and the drop the extra day or so later. ;) Another option is a split stay. Some days at one rate, the rest at another.

::yes:: I've done this before. Booked more nights than I needed & called later to drop some. Have been able keep the discount rate no problem. Unfortunate that you have to sometimes know how to play Disney's game.

I checked the room only, undiscounted rate on both the WDW & Allears sites. Both show the standard room as $181 weeknight & $201 weekend . So Disney hasn't changed the rate. Not sure where you were seeing the $170 before. As PP said, there is a garden view room with discount for your dates at $159 + tax.

For the last 2 weeks the WDW site has had it at $170+ (Coronado @ $175+) for our dates.:confused3
We'll stick with our Dolphin ressy with Starwood discount and leave it at that so we can start planning all the rest of the trip!:cool1:

For the last 2 weeks the WDW site has had it at $170+ (Coronado @ $175+) for our dates.:confused3
We'll stick with our Dolphin ressy with Starwood discount and leave it at that so we can start planning all the rest of the trip!:cool1:

Weird. Maybe another 1 of the website's famous "glitches". Those are the rates Allears shows for the Value 2 season---- 8/3- 9/12. Anyway, Dolphin at that time of year sounds great! Hope you have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

::yes:: I've done this before. Booked more nights than I needed & called later to drop some. Have been able keep the discount rate no problem. Unfortunate that you have to sometimes know how to play Disney's game.

I've done it too.
It's kind of crazy how complicated booking a Disney vacation can be sometimes.:laughing:

I was able to get the resort, category & dates I wanted this morning online (November 3-9). Plenty of availability for our dates at both CRS (not standard or preferred) and Pop (every room category available).

I think it really depends on the dates because I can find rooms for our dates with no problem.

Just saved $206 on our 5 night stay at CSR. That's Food and WIne Festival money!!

I am so glad I stumbled across this before we leave for a Paris/London vacation on Sunday and 2 nights near DLP. I was thinking that this Late Fall discount would come out while we are away.

I called about 9am and was able to apply the new discount to our post Disney cruise stay at the cabins at Ft Wilderness for dec7-10. I am a Happy Camper. I used the "savings" to move our pre-cruise stay from Port Orleans to Beach Club. I only waited on line about two minutes.

This is the worst of choices to date so far..I do realize that Disney owes me no discounts and it is Great and well appreaciated when they do... however just bumed I will now start checking out the Swan/Dolphin Resorts.. Nov.30-Dec.-7th..

Your right, Disney owes us no discounts, but then I don't owe them my hard earned and saved vacation dollars.

This was a real iffy year for us. We have been extremely fortunate to go in 2010 & 2012, but it wasn't really on the radar for this year until the DW started bugging me about it back in May or so.

Unfortunately the free dining offer excluded our dates and resort and this new release just isn't enough incentive (assuming we can even find availability) for us to down. Deluxes for our desired time period 11/29-12/7 are only 25% and most likely we'd go down 11/28 which means we'd have to pay full rack rate (at premium rates) for one night.

Sad day, was hoping for better news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter