• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late CM's ADR

Mocharilla

DIS Veteran
We've got an 8 PM ressie. Are there still going to be characters or will it be totally dead? Someone else had a let ressie and the restaurant was empty and the characters left after, like, 5 minutes.

Now I'm worried! Calm my fears, or let me know if I need to change the ADR.

Everytime my family and I have stayed at the Contemporary we would look down at Chef Mickey's and it was always busy until they closed. So I don't think you will have anything to worry about.

We've got an 8 PM ressie. Are there still going to be characters or will it be totally dead? Someone else had a let ressie and the restaurant was empty and the characters left after, like, 5 minutes.

Now I'm worried! Calm my fears, or let me know if I need to change the ADR.

I agree that you will be fine. I read a trip report about a problem with a late ressie but this was for a time well after 9 o'clock.:goodvibes

In December 2007, I had reservations at 8 PM. It was our arrival day which was Saturday, Dec 15th. Characters are still there and food was good and fresh. There was still a restaurant full of people, the place was hoping with with guests.

We are a family of late eaters. We always have dinner ADRs at 8 or 8:30. We have "closed down" Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, and 1800 Park Fare many times. ;) The characters were always there until at least 9 PM and later when the restaurant was still crowded. Sometimes as the crowd thins out you get the opportunity for the very best character interactions because they can afford to stay longer at each table when less diners are left. :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear this! We have a late ARD(8:55) at CM too and I was a little worried about this too

On our last trip to dw 4 years ago, we decided at the last minute that we wanted to go to CM. The only adr we could get was for after 9 (maybe as late as 9:30). We got lost and were even later. Although we could tell they were packing things up, the characters still spent plenty of time at our table with our children. We went because we didn't have enough pics of the kids with those particular characters (for their scrapbooks) so the character time was what was most important. I felt kind of funny knowing they were putting away food but we still had plenty to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter