Late arrival - Magical Express - luggage?

chanty

DIS Veteran
We are arriving late at MCO (8:50pm).
I'm debating if we should get our luggage ourselves and not let Mickey's crew handle it for us ;) ... As we would like to have them with us that night for our pj's, toothbrush & all.

What's your experience with the ME late at night, mostly luggages?

In 2009 we arrived at quite the same time like you did

We immediately collected our luggage with no problems and went to the ME-counter.

there were no lines at all for any resort-bus and there were just a hand of other people on the bus :)

We will be arriving around 9PM on 11/5 and plan to manage our own luggage. By the time we arrive to the resort and get settled, it will probably be about 10:30. I wouldn't want to stay up late waiting for luggage to arrive to the room. I agree that you will like having your luggage with you from the airport.

Have a great trip!!

You should always pack enough stuff in your carry-on to get you thru 24 hours. If you do that, you can let ME handle your bags for you and skip having to stop at luggage claim. Just tell the front desk when you check in that you want your bags held. They will hold them until you call down for them.

Why add a step and spend extra time in the airport if you don't have to?

In May we landed at MCO at 7:30pm. We made it to CSR at 9:00pm. Our luggage was delivered around 12:30am. I stayed awake to answer the door for it, but by midnight I was really wishing I'd just told bell services to hold it until the next day.

You should always pack enough stuff in your carry-on to get you thru 24 hours. If you do that, you can let ME handle your bags for you and skip having to stop at luggage claim. Just tell the front desk when you check in that you want your bags held. They will hold them until you call down for them.

Why add a step and spend extra time in the airport if you don't have to?

I thought about that but then you have all the liquid restrictions...I'm thinking facewash, night cream, toothpaste...:confused:

I thought about that but then you have all the liquid restrictions...I'm thinking facewash, night cream, toothpaste...:confused:

I always pack my bare essentials in travel sizes. They can be in my quart ziplock bag. My assumption is always that I need everything in my carry-on that I'll need in the first 24 hours of my trip. That way if my luggage gets misdirected or lost, I'm not in a panic.

Anyway, the airline could misdirect your checked bags which would have nothing to do with how ME handles your bags. ALWAYS pack what you need for the next 24 hours (pjs, medications, toiletries, clothes for the next day, etc.) in your carry on bag. I've had luggage bound for Orlando or home go to entirely different airports and not get to me for more than 24 hours.

I was actually shocked a few years ago; one of the bartenders where I ate saw my Disney keychain, commented she had just returned from Disney and would never go there again.

Turns out she mistook what the travel agent said for delivery of luggage. She said the travel agent said three o'clock and I said that it was usually about three hours after check-in.

Well, she arrived at 2:30 pm and expected her bags to be delivered by 3:00 pm. They called down to the desk at 3:01 looking for their bags. Why?

Her anti-seizure medication was in her checked bag. Not only did she insist they retrieve her bag, but all five other bags for her entire family, sending them on a wild goose chase to find them. They did get them around 3:30 pm.

She thought that was abhorent. I told her sadly another family that was waiting the alloted time probably didn't get their bags, so they could find hers.

I was like, why in the world would you put life-saving medication in a checked baggage that could be lost by the airline.

She said, "Oh my gosh, airlines lose luggage?"

Geez.

I will be arriving at 850 pm on Thursday and will be handling my own luggage do not want to stay up for luggage delivery and also the Disney people stop luggage handling at the airport at 10 so if your plane is late you take a chance of not getting it until friday

I will be arriving at 850 pm on Thursday and will be handling my own luggage do not want to stay up for luggage delivery and also the Disney people stop luggage handling at the airport at 10 so if your plane is late you take a chance of not getting it until friday

You don't have to stay up for luggage delivery. They will hold it until the next day if you ask them to.

You can always yellow tag your bags for DME. Then if your plane arrives after 10, just go down to the luggage carousel and pick them up. They won't pull them right away after 10, so the will be there for you to grab.

Once when we had a late flight, we opted to pick up our luggage at Baggage claim and bring on ME. ME told us ahead of time not to put on the ME yellow resort tags. Even though we pack essentials in our carry ons, we still wanted to get our luggage to the resort before midnight. It was a very easy process. Went to baggage claim, picked up bags and then to ME line. There was plenty of room under the ME bus to put the suitcases.

I was actually shocked a few years ago; one of the bartenders where I ate saw my Disney keychain, commented she had just returned from Disney and would never go there again.

Turns out she mistook what the travel agent said for delivery of luggage. She said the travel agent said three o'clock and I said that it was usually about three hours after check-in.

Well, she arrived at 2:30 pm and expected her bags to be delivered by 3:00 pm. They called down to the desk at 3:01 looking for their bags. Why?

Her anti-seizure medication was in her checked bag. Not only did she insist they retrieve her bag, but all five other bags for her entire family, sending them on a wild goose chase to find them. They did get them around 3:30 pm.

She thought that was abhorent. I told her sadly another family that was waiting the alloted time probably didn't get their bags, so they could find hers.

I was like, why in the world would you put life-saving medication in a checked baggage that could be lost by the airline.

She said, "Oh my gosh, airlines lose luggage?"Geez.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: OMG...I can't believe someone would pack a necessary medication like that in checked luggage. Not only the risk of the airline losing it, but what would she have done if there was a flight delay???

Oh well, let her hate Disney....more room for the rest of us!:thumbsup2

Piglets Mommy said:
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: OMG...I can't believe someone would pack a necessary medication like that in checked luggage. Not only the risk of the airline losing it, but what would she have done if there was a flight delay???

Oh well, let her hate Disney....more room for the rest of us!:thumbsup2

I was appalled. I did not want to droll on, but the story gets better.

She was not happy that they tried to make up for the entire experience by trying to appease them by sending up ears for the three kids and the chocolate slipper. I realized they were at the GF.

I explained to her that if the airline lost their luggage and Disney could not find it, I guarantee they would have taken her to the nearest CCC to obtain another prescription.

She was still not convinced......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter