Late arrival food

Marc A.

DIS Veteran
We have a flight arriving at 10:30 pm on a Thursday night. We probably wont be at BLT
until after 11:15....
I am sure the kids/we will be hungry when we get there. What options will we have?

Thank you

Contempo Cafe is open until midnight.

If you're renting a car, I would suggest stopping somewhere before getting to WDW...or even at Disney Springs. Lots more late night options at DS or outside the park.

If you're coming in on MDE, there's zero chance you'll get to BLT 45 minutes after you land...doubtful you'll get there by midnight. A rental car might get you there by midnight, after claiming luggage, going through the rental process, and finding your car....then the drive in.

Over at the Grand, Gaparilla island Grill is open 24 hours. Though I know it is going under refub soon, so you will need to check that with your arrival schedule. I don't know if their alternate choices will also be available 24 hours.

You might consider grabbing something at the airport. It'll keep the kids from being hungry and from having to jump into bed with full tummies/

We are taking ME so maybe my wife can grab food and I'll grab the luggage and we meet at ME line....
They are ok with food on the bus???

The Dolphin's cafeteria and convenience store , Picabu, is open 24/7 if you're looking for a hot meal besides snacks. A cab or Uber can get you back and forth to the Contemporary Resort.

Last edited:
We are taking ME so maybe my wife can grab food and I'll grab the luggage and we meet at ME line....
They are ok with food on the bus???

Take the kids to the food court while someone grabs the luggage. After the kids eat, meet down at the DME. You can't take food or drink on the bus.

Over at the Grand, Gaparilla island Grill is open 24 hours. Though I know it is going under refub soon, so you will need to check that with your arrival schedule. I don't know if their alternate choices will also be available 24 hours.

You might consider grabbing something at the airport. It'll keep the kids from being hungry and from having to jump into bed with full tummies/
That late though, the monorail most likely won't be running, so they won't be able to get to the Grand and back if they don't have a car.

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY (until about 3:00am):
1) Giordano’s, 407-397-0044
2) Pizza Hut, 866-438-2507
3) Papa John’s, 352-243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, 407-938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

NOTE1:
. . . At Deluxe Resorts, FW, delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
. . . At other resorts, delivered usually to your room.
. . . At DVC resorts, the delivered almost always to your room.

NOTE2:
. . . WDW is so large, that there are different pizza franchisees of the same brandname that serve different hotels.
. . . Just call the pizza numbers listed, and they transfer you to the proper franchisee's number.
. . . example: AKL and FW have different Papa John franchisees serving the two resorts

WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:
. . . you might find a pizza "flyer" under your door.
. . . do not under any circumstances call them.
. . . there have been "pizza scams" at local hotels and WDW resorts.
. . . you call, order, give your credit card number
. . . you do not get pizza, but they have your CC number - oops
. . . you find fraudulent charges on you CC later
. . . in the best-case-scenario, you get delivery of a frozen pizza.

That late though, the monorail most likely won't be running, so they won't be able to get to the Grand and back if they don't have a car.
Most thursdays through the end of the year are party nights, either Halloween or Christmas. Monorails will be running until 1am. But yes most days the monorail schedule may be an issue. And if the monorail is down, there should be bus/boat transport (free), or Uber/taxi, (cost).

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY (until about 3:00am):
1) Giordano’s, 407-397-0044
2) Pizza Hut, 866-438-2507
3) Papa John’s, 352-243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, 407-938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

NOTE1:
. . . At Deluxe Resorts, FW, delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
. . . At other resorts, delivered usually to your room.
. . . At DVC resorts, the delivered almost always to your room.

NOTE2:
. . . WDW is so large, that there are different pizza franchisees of the same brandname that serve different hotels.
. . . Just call the pizza numbers listed, and they transfer you to the proper franchisee's number.
. . . example: AKL and FW have different Papa John franchisees serving the two resorts

. . . you might find a pizza "flyer" under your door.
. . . do not under any circumstances call them.
. . . there have been "pizza scams" at local hotels and WDW resorts.
. . . you call, order, give your credit card number
. . . you do not get pizza, but they have your CC number - oops
. . . you find fraudulent charges on you CC later
. . . in the best-case-scenario, you get delivery of a frozen pizza.

As always Rusty, great advice! This is what we will be doing for late arrivals from now on. We went to the Boardwalk pizza window on our last trip. It was NOT fabulous and quite expensive for what you got. A whole pepperoni pizza was about $23 if I remember correctly.

Thank you all for your info, Rusty, great stuff!!
We will all be tired and most likely getting up really early the following day so I think airport food on ME
will be our best bet.
Thanks again!!

We have a flight arriving at 10:30 pm on a Thursday night. We probably wont be at BLT
until after 11:15....
I am sure the kids/we will be hungry when we get there. What options will we have?

Thank you

Can you order food before the flight and bring it on - my family could never wait to eat til 10:30pm? I'd order food at your departing airport (and bring some candy, like M&Ms, for dessert)...

I think all disney resorts have at least pizza delivery overnight but it will take some time that late to arrive.. It's florida pizza though so don't jump up and down about it.

I would probably order from garden grocer and having something that will work waiting for me at the resort when I get there plus some things I need for the week like a case of water and similar will keep well in the room items for snacks, grab and go breakfast, etc...

I would just eat something quick at the airport. To be honest, I would eat before we left, and then pack snacks in our carry on bags. A few apples, filled crackers, and some sort of granola bar or something would hold my crew til breakfast.

Can you order food before the flight and bring it on - my family could never wait to eat til 10:30pm? I'd order food at your departing airport (and bring some candy, like M&Ms, for dessert)...

I'm with you on this one. We typically buy food at the airport and bring it on the plane to eat as our meal. We find the airports typically have salads, sandwiches, fruit cups, yogurt, etc. We do this both going in and out of Orlando International. I've even packed sandwiches and snacks (fruit, cup up veggies, chips, etc.) and brought them on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter