• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Late arrival AP question

london75

DIS Veteran
Sorry to add to all the AP questions, I asked this at the end of someone elses thread but not sure anyone has seen it and someone must know!!

We bought annual passes online and have temporary passes printed from home. We won't arrive until probably 8pm (staying at the Marriott) and debating whether it's worth going to the park the first night. It would be quite nice to see the fireworks as our trip crosses over into September when they've finished.

I assume there will be nowhere to convert the ticket to a full pass but will we be able to visit the park, go on a few rides (park for free!) and then come back the following morning on the same temporary pass and change to full passes?

Thanks for the help.

Andy

I'm not sure to be honest, however you can't park for free the day you buy your AP. You have to pay parking, but it isn't refunded (though it should be if you ask me :sad2: )

The AP office was open until 10pm when we went a couple of weeks ago, I wonder whether anyone knows if it will be open that late throughout August?

Thanks, at least that's good to know I need some change for parking. Bit off really considering I've already paid for a valid AP but I suppose it's small change really.

AP office open until 10 is also promising although we'll have to weight up whether we want to use 30 mins of the first night collecting passes. Not told the family that it takes a while yet either, yikes!

Oh sorry I didn't read properly - missed the part where you said you'd printed them at home! I might not be correct them as when we bought our APs we got them at the park - sorry, hopefully someone can confirm whether it's the same if you've got printed tickets??

Would they not let you park for free when you show your temporary passes? I would have thought so as it's proof you paid?
I'm sure somebody on here would have done this before and able to help.

I doubt you would be more than 10 mins picking them up by the way, there weren't any queues when we were there a couple of weeks ago, and renewing ours.

Have a great time:thumbsup2

Hi:goodvibes

We used our temporary APs for the free parking, then changed them to full APs in the park at about 9.30 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter