Late April trip good idea or not?

Jen413

Earning My Ears
We have been to DW four times-Oct 2007, Feb 2009, Dec 2010 and Nov 2011. Now we are looking at being able to go between Jan 2013 and Aug 2013, so I'm wondering if late April is okay as far as crowds and weather go. With three girls who want to wear princess dresses constantly, we didn't like Feb because of the cold. Then again my husband hates being hot-lol, and more than anything, we love the low (or at least moderate) crowd times.
I know that March and April are considered Spring Break, but with Easter being March 31 next year and SB usually being the first half of April, I'm wondering about the last week of April/first week of May. Anyone been during that time and know how the crowd/weather has been and also maybe what rides have been closed for reburb? Or is there some huge gathering I don't know about? Any suggestions or experiences are appreciated.
Just knowing I might be able to book soon has got me all excited and ready to start thinking/planning every single day!:banana:

I don't know about crowds, although I'd assume less crowded than summer or holidays, so your one up there.

But I know it's already hot in florida by then and humid. And people don't think about humid, but it makes everything feel hotter :(

I checked Touring Plans for the end of April, and it looks like the crowd levels don't look too bad. It seems as though they are between 5 and 7 for the last weeks.:thumbsup2

We went for 8 days this past April (around mid April) and it was great. Crowds were not too bad (more than what we were used to in January, but very reasonable, especially with RD and a plan) and we only had 1 or 2 days that were really hot. It was warm the entire time, but just those couple of days that we were ready for a break. Get a couple of misting fans and you'll be fine!! We will definitely return in April if the school calendars ever work out for us to again.

oh, and like I mentioned, we usually go in January, so in April it was really nice to be able to swim everyday! I have 3 girls as well and they loved having pool time as well!

We have been going in April the past three years. Our spring break is late compared to the rest of the US. Low crowds, great weather etc. though we tend to run into lots of people from home :) One year easter was really late so it was more crowded then usual but hitting rope drop etc we were fine.

We were there the last week of April this year. The crowd level was great. Magic Kingdom was slightly more crowded on Sunday than it was on Saturday..... Nothing terrible though. The longest we had to wait on any ride was about 20 minutes. We only had to use a fast pass on 2 rides.... Buzz Lightyear and Jungle Cruise. Most of the lines were pretty minimal. The only ride that I noticed being closed for maintenance was Thunder Mountain. Epcot was not crowded at all. We were there on a Thursday. Animal Kingdom did not get crowded until around lunch time, but it was still not that crowded. We were there on a Friday. The weather was nice. We are from Texas and used to heat and humidity. The weather was better than what we are used to in Texas. It was warm but not too hot. We did not experience any rain during our stay. I would definitely return at the end of April again because everything was so pleasant.

We have been to DW four times-Oct 2007, Feb 2009, Dec 2010 and Nov 2011. Now we are looking at being able to go between Jan 2013 and Aug 2013, so I'm wondering if late April is okay as far as crowds and weather go. With three girls who want to wear princess dresses constantly, we didn't like Feb because of the cold. Then again my husband hates being hot-lol, and more than anything, we love the low (or at least moderate) crowd times.
I know that March and April are considered Spring Break, but with Easter being March 31 next year and SB usually being the first half of April, I'm wondering about the last week of April/first week of May. Anyone been during that time and know how the crowd/weather has been and also maybe what rides have been closed for reburb? Or is there some huge gathering I don't know about? Any suggestions or experiences are appreciated.
Just knowing I might be able to book soon has got me all excited and ready to start thinking/planning every single day!:banana:

We were there in April this past year (18-27th) for my b'day and Epcot F&G Festival. It was a little windy at times and I wore a windbreaker some of the time, but in general the weather was nice. It was a little hot some days (and being from the south) it can be VERY hot even in April (hit or miss). The crowds weren't too bad, so I'd say it's one of the better times in the Spring all around. Spring breaks are *mostly* over by then.

We usually go the last week of April because of the school calendar where we live. It is usually hot, but not unbearable. I went at the end of October one year and there was a heat wave (high 90's, 100), so you never know.

The crowds are usually better at the end of February and definitely better in January, but the weather in April is more consistent, in my experience.

April 2012, we had some great weather. Cool days (I think 3 that required sweatshirts and then was hot in the afternoon for swimming).

I normally go in Sept/Oct, but this past year we went at the end of April. The crowd levels were great. We did not wait long for much of anything. I also found the weather to be much less humid than in Sept. I think it is a great time to go:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter