Late April, early May evening temperatures?

Davey-D-99

DIS Veteran
We are going on our First WDW Family Vacation coming April 26-May 4...
It's getting so close!!!
Trying to figure out all we can to be prepared.
I'm assuming it will be hot during the day (shorts, t-shirt), but when we return to the parks in the evening will it generally be cool enough to need jackets, sweaters, long pants?? Does it stay hot all day and t-shirts and shorts are all we will need?

Last year it was HOT during that time. About 90 everyday, no rain. We never needed sweatshirts or anything. It did not rain at all either. I think people said it was unusually warm though so take that for what its worth........

Have a great trip!

We are planning on shorts and tees for the whole trip. Its usually a nice warm time of year.

last year we were there May 4-11th and becuase of that freak subtropical storm off the coast we had WEIRD weather. It was chilly and in the low 70's for the first couple days with lots of WIND.
I wore shorts and a light jacket and was fine.

I would skip any pants but bring the light jacket for the nights just in case.

and make sure its a windbreaker type so its light to pack or put in your backpack. :goodvibes

Its HOT but not as Humid as yet in May, that Starts in June July and August!;)

The best weather! This timeframe is my favorite time to visit. I have never needed long pants, but do pack capris for dinner attire. I always take a light sweater, but that is generally for the restraurants. It should be sunny and in the 80s during the day, no humidity. 70s in the evenings. You could bring a light jacket, but it really depends where you're visiting from. Since we live in the mountains of WV, 60s is very comfortable for us.

You could bring a light jacket, but it really depends where you're visiting from. Since we live in the mountains of WV, 60s is very comfortable for us.

We are in Ontario, Canada....70-80 degree weather in late April will be really hot!! I find 70 degrees hot.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for all the advice

We have gone the past 3 years and this year coming at that exact same time.(the last week of April, first week of May) Only one or two evenings on all of our trips did we need to wear a sweater with shorts at night. The rest of the time it was t-shirt and shorts. I found the weather to be great, it was hot but not very humid.

We've gone in Mid April for the the past two years and this year we will be there May 3-9. In my 2 april trips we only needed a jacket 1 time. In 06 they had a drought and it was 89-91 all 6 days :cool1: ahhhhh the heat!!! What a change from the snowy morning we had when we left Pittsburgh. I like to have most stuff "ready" to pack about about 2 days in advance although I starting putting little things aside a month or so in advance. This way I just check the 10 day forcast and can adjust without unpacking. If the weather sounds boarder line I might throw in 1 or 2 heavier things. If they are calling for upper 80s or lower 90s then I leave the heavy stuff at home. Of course we always have light jackets for the early morning flight down.

54 days and counting!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter