• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late ADR for Ohana

jenrose66

DIS Veteran
Hi All. I have a 9:50 ADR for Ohana but the restaurant closes at 10. Has anyone done this? Do you feel rushed?

We did this about two years ago and did not fell rushed at all. I felt like our waiter went out of way to not make us feel rushed. It actually worked out great for us. We got up, did the Extra Magic Hour at a park I don't remember then went to breakfast. Because we ate so late in the morning, we did not do lunch. just grabbed some snacks, then we did dinner at regular time. Because of this experience we always try for a late ADR now.

Last trip, we had a late meal at 'Ohana - while we didn't feel rushed, we did feel that we were so tired that we didn't enjoy it as much as we could / should have - my kids (12 and 9 at the time) were beat - one actually fell asleep. But, definitely - didn't feel rushed!!

Thank You :)

Are you asking about breakfast or dinner? If dinner, looking at your Signature, I fear it would be very late for your little ones.

Either way, they seat right up to closing time. So no, I don't think they will rush you. But me personally, would be uncomfortable relaxing over my meal as the restaurant empties around me. That is just me.

Enjoy

Hi All. I have a 9:50 ADR for Ohana but the restaurant closes at 10. Has anyone done this? Do you feel rushed?

I have no experience with late dining at Ohana, but I have dined late at many other WDW restaurants and unfortunately my experience has been the same at all of them. Instead of an intimate late dining experience, it almost feels like you are in the way. The staff begins to clean up and set up for the next day. You are not rushed out, but they work around you. Once at Teppan Edo at EPCOT there were so many staff members around us sweeping, cleaning, and setting up that I was tempted to walk out. They really have to work on that! I hope your experience is better. Let us know.

My fear is not being seated at 9:50, but later. We always... Always do rope drop so that's too late for us. January 2014 we had an 8:10 on and wasn't seated until 9pm. And we were only seated then because I asked about moving two round tables together. The obliged and finally we were seated. We were exhausted and 2 out of my 6 kids were asleep before dessert arrived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter