• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lasting post-Disney blues...

:lmao::lmao: Another one that got roped in. You might as well just give in, its easier.

The problem is that no trip is the same. We have gone over 12x and still have not seen or done everything there. Give in and go!

If you want to forget about Disney for 3 years...you are definately in the wrong place! ;):laughing:

Honestly - I understand you think you need to wait 3 years in between Disney trips to keep it *Magical* :wizard:- but there are so many ways to see Disney! We have been going every year since our kids were tiny - and each year it gets better. We always do things differently..we see new things, eat at different places...stay at different resorts..We have done the *stay in the Parks all day and night - and "relax and slow down" vacations. And even after all our stays we still have not seens and done everything on our "Disney to do" list. :)
I know I probably haven't been much help - more like a "Disney Enabler":rolleyes:

Welcome to the club OP. Everyone is different of course, and lots of folks seem to only vacation at WDW. But I'm like you. I LOVE all things Disney. Been to 3 of the resorts so far and the 4th is coming up this fall. But I like seeing other parts of the real world, too.

Fortunately (??) for me, DH likes WDW but doesn't love it. He keeps me in balance. And for the sake of harmony, we have reached a compromise of sorts. We go every 18 months to 2 years now. This gives us 2 or 3 other vacations between WDW trips. And it hasn't been nearly as painful as I thought it would be. Just knowing that next spring I WILL be back means I don't have to yearn for it as much. KWIM?

Maybe you and your DW can come to some similar arrangement.

And in the meantime, there's the Dis to keep you connected to what's going on at WDW.

Hahaha, I feel your pain OP :lmao:

DH and I took about 2 years off from WDW and did other things as well; Europe, Caribbean cruise, Touristy cities in the US...but the mouse kept calling my name! I really want to be a cultured, worldly hipster with wanderlust, but I have reached a point in my life where I can say I am not; and I'm ok with that!

Go back! There's so much to do :), and so many different ways to see Disney, like PPs said.

I was the same way, OP. I swore we were only going to WDW once and almost as soon as we were home I started plotting ways to go again this year. Like a PP said, just give in it's easier. :rotfl:

It is obvious you have a desire to go back.:)

If WDW had lost any "Magic" for you,you would not have any desire to post a Thread like this.:)

I think you could go back tonight and not risk it not being Magical.:)

I have these exact same thoughts after EVERY trip! We've gone every year for the last 12. I agree with the others......just give in it's easier! I have even asked my children, thinking I'm forcing Disney on them, if they'd "rather.....(insert option)" and skip a year....campers, boats, trips elsewhere....same answer everytime...Disney. It is a true addiction!

I know exactly what you're feeling, I go through it starting the first day I return home from WDW. I could never hold out 3 years in between trips, so I've come to realize life is truly too short...so I want to embrace the times I have, especially while my kids enjoy it too. Life can be so stressful, and I find that being able to plan a yearly trip to WDW gives me something to look forward to. Once in awhile, we plan a trip to Disneyland to break things up, as my best friend lives in California. The bottom line...anything Disney...keeps me smiling! If you cannot book a trip for another 3 years, live vicariously through the Disboards...and countdown until you're back in the World! Good luck...:thumbsup2

DW and I have traveled to many places together. We've been to a number of U.S. and European locations, and there was a time we'd have gone just about anywhere. Somehow though we've changed our travel desires and pretty much go exclusively to WDW. We'll travel somewhere to go to an event (like a concert) but we're kind of "done" just going to random places to be tourists.
I've always loved Disney, but never thought I'd be like this. Now we have the added attraction of taking our grandchildren. They're a bit too young at the moment, but in another 2-3 years, off we go. Meanwhile DW and I will be using our DVC points for our own trips. :earsboy:

So if you feel you need to put a few years between your WDW trips, that might be a good thing. There are more new things to do if you put some years between trips. In the meantime you can hangout here and start prepping for your next trip in a few years.

If you hold out until mid-late 2013 that will be two years in between trips... a good compromise between your desire to go back and your desire to stay away. I would think that after a trip in 2013 you'll know how much Disney you'll need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter