Lastest Incentives from purchases while on the cruise?

This is all brand new to me, and I'm still trying to understand it all, but we finally broke down and bought in to DVC while on our June 7-14th Disney Alaskan cruise. Here is what they offered us: the minimum number of points we could buy was 160, and they dropped the offered price by $10 per point, 220 points or more got you an additional $14 dollars off per point, and 320 points or more got you $16 off per point. If you bought, you received points from the previous year. For example, we received the same number of points we purchased and have to bank them by July 31st because our UY is December. In addition to this, we received a $500 on board credit. We weren't given an option of where our home resort would be. The offer was for BLT. I'm hoping this was a good deal. I hadn't researched the incentives beforehand because I never even thought we would look in to it. We looked in to DVC years ago while on a cruise, but the timing just wasn't right then. Looking forward to traveling with DVC and cannot wait to make our first ressie!:thumbsup2

Susan

We are DVC members and were on that June 7th Alaska Cruise and attended several of the presentations. First, Welcome Home! :cheer2: You can rest assured that you got a great deal. We have added on while on cruises before and this was by far one of the best offers. And if we could have financially swung it I would have added on more with the incentives they were offering. We have BLT points along with a few other resorts. I will never add Hawaii points just because it is so far to travel to get there. The added cost for the airfare etc. would not make it a good value for us.

We are DVC members and were on that June 7th Alaska Cruise and attended several of the presentations. First, Welcome Home! :cheer2: You can rest assured that you got a great deal. We have added on while on cruises before and this was by far one of the best offers. And if we could have financially swung it I would have added on more with the incentives they were offering. We have BLT points along with a few other resorts. I will never add Hawaii points just because it is so far to travel to get there. The added cost for the airfare etc. would not make it a good value for us.
Hi and thanks for the welcome! I wonder if I saw you. I was scoping out anyone with white hats so I could ask them questions about DVC.:rotfl: My husband thought I was nuts, but I wanted the facts from members before we signed up. Also, on our flight home, I was separated from my husband and kids on our flight, and it just so happened that I was sitting with DVC members. We talked the ENTIRE flight about DVC. It was great!

I'm so glad to hear you think we made the right decision. I was hoping it was a good deal, but because I never dreamed we'd buy on this cruise, I hadn't done any research on it beforehand. I'm already trying to plan a vacation for my sisters and their families so we can all go together. It's exciting to be able to possibly take others with you on vacation!:thumbsup2 Hope you enjoyed the Alaska cruise! We are still talking about the beauty of Alaska!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter