last week of Sept or last week of Feb?

becalubob

DIS Veteran
With our schedules, my DH and I have narrowed it down to these two weeks. (last week of Sept. 2013 or last week of Feb 2014) This will be just the two of us.
SEPT: We agreed we can handle the sweltering heat since we wouldn't have kids with us.
Should be low crowds.
Halloween party.
Just got a 35% off room PIN.

FEB: From what I've read, the last week is pretty low crowds.
This would fall on our actual anniversary.
Not hurricane season.

Am I overlooking any events? Are the refurbs done by end of Feb? Anything that I'm forgetting that would sway me to either week? Ive been to WDW several times, but never in either of these two months.

I have been during both of these times. They are both low crowds, relatively speaking. Sept may have a free dining option which would be great. Weather is still warm but not unbearable.
We went the last week of Feb last year. My kids rode everything they wanted as many times as they like. There were NO wait times. It was wonderful, especially EMH, they had the park to themselves. Dining was easy to reserve.
In Sept, there are usually several events plus some out of country tours, so you have to weigh that. The free dining offset that for me and was well worth it.
You should be happy either way.

I think the last week of September would put you there during Food and Wine? I know we go every year the third week of September and Food and Wine usually starts right after we leave.

During either of those times the crowds will be slow. I do love the MNSSHP so that would be a factor for us. I also love that is stays light later in September. However, it would be cooler in Feb.

I don't think either would be a bad choice.

I went last week of feb last year for my bday and the leap day event. Crowds were low and similar to September. I have gone 4 times the end of September and prefer it. Slightly lower crowds then February. Longer daylight hours and its hot/warm all the time. I'd vote for September but neither is a bad choice

September! F&W, longer daylight, better to swim, MNSSHP, low crowds. September is my favorite time to go. With labor day week being my absolute favorite. We went labor day week a couple years ago and the day after labor day Dumbo was a walk on at 11am. I am not making that up. But now that Food and Wine starts in late Sept along with Halloween party - it's a GREAT time to go.

Weather is typically much nicer in the last week of Feb vs the humidity/rain that one may have to deal with in Sept, although nothing is ever a sure thing in Florida. If you do select Feb would double-check that Ash Wednesday does not fall during that week as half the city of New Orleans is in WDW to escape Mardi Gras. If that happens, the crowd level can go up considerably.

We have been the last week of February. The crowds were low and the weather was perfect. I will say the past 3 years we have gone the 1st week in September, which shouldn't be too much different than the last week, and we like it even better. It is more humid, warmer, and can be rainy, basically more of summer type weather. Someone had mentioned F&W which I do believe starts the end of September. I say go for the last week in Septemer! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter