Last Week of March

markriet

Earning My Ears
We will be at WDW from the 25th til the 31st.

We were planning on one sweatshirt per person. Will that be enough? I am seeing a post about the end of April and it is making me wonder. It is myself, DW, DD11, DD5, and DS2.

Im assuming to wear? We've been in March before and are going again in 2 weeks and honestly its pretty warm, maybe a little chilly first thing in the morning and thats it.. I say one is plenty..

The only warm clothes I am taking is whatever we are wearing on the way down. We've been at this time and almost always wear shorts, etc.

We'll be there from March 25th - April 1st. I'm planning on one sweatshirt, 1 lightweight pull over, & 1 pair sweatpants each for our boys (12 & 10). DH & I will each bring one spring jacket, one sweatshirt, & 1 pair long pants. The rest will be shorts and swimsuits for DH & DS's. Shorts, Swimsuit & Capri's for me.

We are also going to be at DW, March 24th-31st, our first trip and was wondering about the weather. I'm so glad to hear it will be t-shirt and short weather. I'm in MN and can't wait for the warm weather in Florida. Is anyone staying at POR? :wave2:

What about the evenings? We are going the first week of April and I was wondering what to do about the night time fireworks, etc. If we leave our hotel for the day in early morning, should we normally be bringing a sweater per person to wear in the evenings? I would hate to have to carry that all day but nor would I want to plan to go back just to get it..... :confused3

#24Fan said:
We are also going to be at DW, March 24th-31st, our first trip and was wondering about the weather. I'm so glad to hear it will be t-shirt and short weather. I'm in MN and can't wait for the warm weather in Florida. Is anyone staying at POR? :wave2:

I'm not staying at POR, but I am heading down from MN!

We were there at the same time last year and we did need sweatshirts in the evenings once or twice. Not that we had them... I ended up buying one for DD because she was the chilliest. This year we'll do the same. I don't want to carry anything all day - so if it gets to be too cold, we'll spend a few Disney Dollars on a fun sweatshirt! I did put rain ponchos (Dollar Tree) in our packs. There were quick showers on three of our seven days. It didn't last long, and it was nice to throw the poncho on and then toss it in the trash. Well worth stocking up so you don't have soggy ponchos to carry around. I bought four for each of us this year. I'll hope for warm sunny days though! :sunny:

So good to know!! We're going the 25th - 31st for our first trip, too!! :cheer2:
We are all sooo excited! I was planning on just one jacket and pair of jeans/pants for each of us, so good to know that I was on the right track!

Secondgradememories said:
I'm not staying at POR, but I am heading down from MN!

We were there at the same time last year and we did need sweatshirts in the evenings once or twice. Not that we had them... I ended up buying one for DD because she was the chilliest. This year we'll do the same. I don't want to carry anything all day - so if it gets to be too cold, we'll spend a few Disney Dollars on a fun sweatshirt! I did put rain ponchos (Dollar Tree) in our packs. There were quick showers on three of our seven days. It didn't last long, and it was nice to throw the poncho on and then toss it in the trash. Well worth stocking up so you don't have soggy ponchos to carry around. I bought four for each of us this year. I'll hope for warm sunny days though! :sunny:

Thanks for the advice, I don't yet have rain ponchos. Is Dollar Tree the stores you found them at? Thanks

I'll be there then as well, and I'm not bringing pants or coats for us at all. I learned that wrapping up in a poncho is the best way to get warm at night, and they are small,and easy to carry all day and kids fit their entire bodies inside. They seem to trap body warmth. But, it was 86 here in Central Florida today, and I'm betting that people coming from cold climates wil not feel cold at all. I bet we'll all be swimming the last week of the month - make sure you nring sunscreen. I got sunburned and my kids at school got sunburned today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter