• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last trip was bad.

nathanyell

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

We had a series of bad experiences at WL last trip that resulted in a couple free tickets and a letter telling me to call 10 days before my next trip because Disney wants to ensure that our next visit is memorable.

Has anyone else on this group ever gotten a letter like this? What did they do to make your trip memorable? :confused3

Brian

I also had a very bad experience at the Beach Club when we were in Disney in 8/10. I received a letter and also go 2 free nights at the Grand Floridian. I believe what they do to make your trip special is, leave some chocolates or flowers in the room.

We got a letter like that after our stay at Poly in 8/10. Our letter is only good for free night club level/theme park view at a deluxe of our choice.

We did not get any free nights, just a couple comp tickets. Glad to see you guys got some fee night. Anyone else?

Hey all,

We had a series of bad experiences at WL last trip that resulted in a couple free tickets and a letter telling me to call 10 days before my next trip because Disney wants to ensure that our next visit is memorable.

Has anyone else on this group ever gotten a letter like this? What did they do to make your trip memorable? :confused3

Brian
I know this can be a dangerous question around here:lmao: but what happened? I ask, because I just booked my May birthday trip and I picked the WL.

Our problems were related to an internal disney computer error that happened on the last day of our trip. (I thought CSR was okay - it really wasn't a resort issue-though we did find dirty clothes in our room when we moved in.) A gentleman at one of theme parks amazed us by giving us free annual passes. We were completely floored and really felt it was too much...but Disney knows whats its doing...this makes it harder to opt for a cruise in the summer since our park tickets are already "paid." We'll be back spending more money before you know it!

You know I hesitated to even post this. I didn't want anybody shying away from CSR because of our experience. Keep in mind - the pixie dust came not from the resort side (where the mistake really occurred) but from the theme park side of Disney.

We had a fantastic trip at BWI CL in 09 but I wrote a letter when I got home offering very nice constructive criticism on the way room assignments are handled (what I was told vs. what I received and it had nothing to do with a request). At any rate I got the same letter and was told to call 60 days out befor emy next trip in 2010. I called. They asked me what they could do to make my trip special - I was already staying YC CL for the stay in 2010 and I asked for the coveted view of the wedding gazebo. Up until this month you were only able to book YC CL standard with no promise of a garden view. You could get a parking lot. My wish was granted at check in and we had a fantastic week along with a beautiful parting gift.

We did not get any free nights, just a couple comp tickets. Glad to see you guys got some fee night. Anyone else?

I will let you know as soon as they respond. We had a horrible experience too except ours was at BWV:mad:

I am glad that someone made it right for you :thumbsup2

I know this can be a dangerous question around here:lmao: but what happened? I ask, because I just booked my May birthday trip and I picked the WL.

People can have a bad experience at any resort. Don't worry about WL. It's one of my fav resorts. We've had 2 wonderful stays there.

We got two nights refunded to us after our trip this past November (stayed at POR during the computer upgrades). I am happy they did that rather than a free night or two or tickets because we won't be back to WDW for a LONG time!

We got our letter b/c of the condition of the room. We paid for themepark view/club level and that is what we got but our room was in major need of repair. We had a big hole in the carpet in front of the sliding glass door. Also, the sliding glass door itself was filthy. We had wall paper peeling in the bathroom and what looked to be mold growing in the bathroom as well. Worst of all, we were right next to the lounge door so we could hear it EVERYTIME it opened and closed. I did try to get our room switched but there was no availabilty. I was really disappointed b/c of the amount we paid for the room. We had a discount but it was still $500 a night. I have now learned my lesson and will never pay that for club level/theme park view. It just was not worth it. We have stayed at Poly plenty of times in a standard room and never had a room look like this. We got the letter about 3 weeks after we got home. I am guessing that concierge took a look at the room after we checked out. I appreciate them making the effort to make us happy.

Just read your report and I had a similiar experience in 2009.
We were staying at POR for 5 nights then moving to BC. On our 4th day we returned to POR at 10.55pm and discovered our room door had been left open. I went to front desk, I prefer to complain face to face. After the locks had been checked we were told the door had been open for 7 hours before we returned.
After my complaining at front desk Disney covered the extra nights cost of us moving to Beach Club the following morning(day early). I told front desk I would be taking the matter higher, after an e-mail to Disney I was refunded 30%approx of the cost of staying at Port Orleans Riverside.
Like you said it can happen anywhere and I don't imagine the housekeeper did it on purpose but it's not a pleasant experience.

Good luck with your phone call tomorrow and have a great time when you go back.

So.. I called this morning as I was instructed in my letter, and got "Wilderness Lodge" front desk. After i explained the situation she confirmed my reservation information and said everything was set.

I felt like the woman who answered was wondering why I called. It left me wondering why Disney would have me call ten days out for nothing. I guess we will see in 9 days :rotfl:

Brian

I believe they have you call 10 days out b/c that is when room assignments are out. When you have a letter like you and I had whatever room request you make is LOCKED in the system.For instance when I had the letter last summer I really wanted a certain room (only 4 existed of the type at YC) and it was noted on my reseration as such (after my 10 day call) and the words "locked" were there along with castmember initials who is the room assigner. So in my case a certain view is what I wanted and I receied and a nice checkout gift as well. It put me at ease knowing my exact room was pretty much ensured before arrival.

Yes, we got a letter like that after a bad experience in 2003. What Disney gave to us for our next trip was an upgrade - for the entire stay - from Poly garden view to Poly club level theme park view. We did just as you did and called 10 days out - only difference is, they told us at the 10-day mark that we were upgraded. My parents had a bad experience at the GF back in 1999, and were given 60% discount on any room at the GF for one year from the date of the letter. So they got 2 rooms, and treated the whole family to RPC. What a great trip that was!

Yes, we got a letter like that after a bad experience in 2003. What Disney gave to us for our next trip was an upgrade - for the entire stay - from Poly garden view to Poly club level theme park view. We did just as you did and called 10 days out - only difference is, they told us at the 10-day mark that we were upgraded. My parents had a bad experience at the GF back in 1999, and were given 60% discount on any room at the GF for one year from the date of the letter. So they got 2 rooms, and treated the whole family to RPC. What a great trip that was!

That would be nice, I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;-)

Mine was at Disneyland, but we had a horrible experience at Disneyland Hotel. I got a call and they are giving us 4 nights at the Grand Californian Hotel and 4 day park hopper tickets. I am floored but so excited. Will be going the week before Christmas.:goodvibes

Mine was at Disneyland, but we had a horrible experience at Disneyland Hotel. I got a call and they are giving us 4 nights at the Grand Californian Hotel and 4 day park hopper tickets. I am floored but so excited. Will be going the week before Christmas.:goodvibes

Good for you :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter