Last trip to MK was 23 years ago. What will I think now?

molenda

Earning My Ears
My last trip to the MK was when I was 12 years old and I'm now 35. I remember it pretty well and saw most of the park during a one day trip. I definitely remember a beautifully clean place and long lines. I loved all the rides except for maybe Hall of Presidents. I also went to Epcot a couple years later-- the first year it opened and it wasn't completely finished at that time. What will I think now? Who else has returned after a long time with their own children? I'm really excited but am hoping I won't feel let down at all.

Well, I don't know about the long time gone part, but going with your children will be a magical experience. Be sure to do your research. There's lots to see and do. Bring good walking shoes.

WDW is as magical as you make it. It's possible to go and have a bad time. Just cultivate a pixie dust attitude. Repeat after me: This is my magical vacation. This is my magical vacation.

The long lines can be avoided by going early to the parks. Also, look for a slow time of year to bring the kiddies. Definitely less lines.

Marie

My DD4 had her first trip last Feb. It was magical for her. She was sooo excited about being at WDW. The best part of the trip was that when we were in the MK, she looked at me and said," Dad you are the best Dad, I love you". That made the whole trip worth it all. :tongue:

Since then we have been back for MVMCP and are going for the MNSSHP :cool1:

Have a great day

John :banana:

:disrocks:

molenda said:
My last trip to the MK was when I was 12 years old and I'm now 35. I remember it pretty well and saw most of the park during a one day trip. I definitely remember a beautifully clean place and long lines. I loved all the rides except for maybe Hall of Presidents. I also went to Epcot a couple years later-- the first year it opened and it wasn't completely finished at that time. What will I think now? Who else has returned after a long time with their own children? I'm really excited but am hoping I won't feel let down at all.

Hold on...I'm doing the math.

This is 2005....23 years ago means your visit to the MK was 1982. A couple years later (84) you went to Epcot. Epcot opened in Oct 82, so you weren't there during it's first year.

Sorry for the inaccuracy on my part!

I can't remember exactly when I went to Epcot. Let's just say I went within the first few years of its opening. All I can recall is that some of the countries were still under construction. My memories of it are not as clear as the MK. I only remember Germany and the theater in China, although we must have seen more than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter