Last time you were pulled over

12119152_10153242963713129_6510954756645169547_n.jpg

Hmm, last week? I had a headlight out. My Hyundai Sonata goes thru headlights like crazy so about every 6 months I get a reminder that I am out again. Usually they see my RN hospital badge and I watch their expression change to a much friendlier one as they send me on my way :car:

Thursday on our way home from the airport. The deputy claims to have clocked me doing 25 over the posted speed limit. I'll admit I was speeding but not that bad. I hired an attorney yesterday to fight it because 6 points will kill our insurance.

October 22, 1993. On my way to my wedding rehearsal dinner. Didn't necessarily get pulled over, per se. But they had a "seat belt check" set up down the road and he just motioned for me to pull over so he could check to see if we were belted in. We were, so we were good to go. Other than that, I've never been pulled over.

my last experience was horrible. It was my first time getting pulled over and I was speeding which i admitted to the cop. The cop was yelling at me about responsibility and all sorts of things. At first i was really calm i made sure i had all the proper paperwork and I was ready to bite the bullet and accept my fate. Then he starts going on about drugs! This came out of no where. I can honestly say i've never abused a legal or illegal substance, I have a lot of health problems so i already take a list of prescribed medications (none of which impair driving). This cop kept telling me he was going to search my car and i had to wait for his back up to show up. I did consent to a search (i really didn't know or understand that i had the right to refuse). He went back sat in his car with all my paperwork for a good 25 minutes. I had two friends in the car with me and I was ready to have a pull on panic attack at that point, I was confused and terrified. The cop came back and gave me my paperwork and a ticket and said if i tried to fight it he would show up at court and make sure i had to not only pay it but that we was going to correct it to say i was doing 20 over the speed limit, which i absolutely was not doing. I never intended to fight the ticket i admit i was in the wrong I paid the fine as soon as it showed up in the computer.
I didn't really know what set the cop off, my dad told me later it was probably because I admitted to speeding in the first place the cop thought it was suspicious. I don't know.
This all happened like 2-3 years ago, but i can honestly say i don't drive more than 5+ the speed limit EVER.

It's probably been too long now, but if something like this ever happens again, I'd call and put in a complaint to whichever Department he works for. All the information you would need to know about him is on the ticket (his badge number). He shouldn't be treating people like that, and it ends up needlessly escalating situations.

Thankfully most police officers aren't like this one.

About 3 years ago on a street in my small town. Speed limit changed from 45 to 35 on the stretch of road that crossed from county to city limits- I was decelerating and was doing about 40. Got pulled over, but officer didn't tell me for what- also didn't ask if I knew why. He ran my license and registration through his computer and saw I had no warrants, citations, or other offenses. He came back to the car and gave me a BS explanation that he stopped me because I had a "frame around your license plate and that was outlawed as of January!" He let me go with a warning- I think he was trolling for older model cars that might have outstanding warrants. It was all very odd. I have only been pulled over one other time in the 30 years I have been driving- I am a safe driver!!

MA is well known for having certain speed trap spots. Actually some entire towns are known as speed traps. They are the areas on rural highways that the town makes the speed limit go from 40-50ish to something like 25 for the center of town. Those that don't know the area is a speed trap just get off the gas and think they will slow down slowly. Cops will often be on the road in pairs. One at the start to catch you on radar when you haven't slowed enough and a second to actually stop you and write the ticket.

Yep. This was one of those spots (this is was in Shelburne on rt 112). There's another one in Colrain coming down the hill into town where it goes from 45 to 20.

October 22, 1993. On my way to my wedding rehearsal dinner. Didn't necessarily get pulled over, per se. But they had a "seat belt check" set up down the road and he just motioned for me to pull over so he could check to see if we were belted in. We were, so we were good to go. Other than that, I've never been pulled over.

Ah I don't even count these ones. NY state when I lived in Rochester would sometimes do ones checking your inspection and registration stickers. I tended to have to stop for a second because that far west in NY they didn't see many cars that were registered in MA (I was in college so my car and licence were still for my parents house).

NY state your stickers go on the bottom drivers corner. In MA your inspection sticker goes on the bottom passenger corner so a few times officers would stop me so they could walk across and check the other side for my sticker and my licence plate in the back (which is where MA puts our registration sticker)

Ah I don't even count these ones. NY state when I lived in Rochester would sometimes do ones checking your inspection and registration stickers. I tended to have to stop for a second because that far west in NY they didn't see many cars that were registered in MA (I was in college so my car and licence were still for my parents house).

NY state your stickers go on the bottom drivers corner. In MA your inspection sticker goes on the bottom passenger corner so a few times officers would stop me so they could walk across and check the other side for my sticker and my licence plate in the back (which is where MA puts our registration sticker)

And in CT, we don't have a registration sticker ANYWHERE (it used to be on the plate, but they got rid of it a few years ago, now all we have is a paper in the glove box), and no inspection stickers either.

And in CT, we don't have a registration sticker ANYWHERE (it used to be on the plate, but they got rid of it a few years ago, now all we have is a paper in the glove box), and no inspection stickers either.

Hmm that would have sucked glad my car wasn't from CT then since they probably would have stopped me to see the paper each time.

VT is different too, there it is in the middle of the window at the top, so right near your rear-view mirror.

The area I grew up in and now live is in MA and only a few min from VT and NY so here if they bother checking such things the cops must just know what to look for because I have never been stopped for my car with either NY or MA plates/stickers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter