last time you slept in a tent

In 2003. I camped out in my front yard with a friend. I've done that a few times actually.

I've never actually camped anywhere else though.

I am amazed at all the folks who don't like to camp! Some of my best memories are around camping trips! I love to tent camp, but the last time was 2003 - way too long. I think I need to go this summer and take my dog!

As for "primitive" cabin camping, last summer. There is an amazing place in the Blue Ridge mountains with cabins that have electric and primitive kitchens - but the bath-house is in the middle of the field of cabins. We eat grilled food and play bocce and hike and lay around under trees and it's just about my favoritest place.

I do love campfires:banana: Too bad they don't let ya do that in your hotel room:rotfl:

2 years ago...but I mostly sleep in my car now because for some reason, there are always SPIDERS in my tent!! :scared:

1991 when I rode my horse across Vermont for the Vermont Bicentennial Wagon Train. 15 days. Enough for 3 lifetimes for this cowgirl.:laughing:

5 Years Ago ~ Florida, Hurricane Season w/ 2 kids ages 2 & 7.

Somewhere around midnight, a major storm came through. Next thing you know, we were laying in 3 inches of water. We drove around for about an hour, couldn't find a hotel so we settled for a 24hr WalMart. Bought an air mattress, tarps, all new sleeping bags & lots of dry towels & blankets. Ended up sleeping in the car.

Woke up the next morning & found a Holiday Inn.

Never Again :thumbsup2

Nowadays, "roughing it" means a hotel with no room service. I'm too old to sleep on the ground. :)

Another reason I don't tent anymore - Bathrooms!! I have to go too often during the night now. :laughing:

I am amazed at all the folks who don't like to camp! Some of my best memories are around camping trips! I love to tent camp, but the last time was 2003 - way too long. I think I need to go this summer and take my dog!

As for "primitive" cabin camping, last summer. There is an amazing place in the Blue Ridge mountains with cabins that have electric and primitive kitchens - but the bath-house is in the middle of the field of cabins. We eat grilled food and play bocce and hike and lay around under trees and it's just about my favoritest place.

Ahem. Primitive camping, by definition, means no bathhouse, no water, no electricity! Please don't try to impress us by telling us you had an outhouse! ;) My cousin's cottage in Hampton Beach had an outhouse, that did not make it primitive! :rotfl:

1991, on an impromptu camping trip with my friend, her mom, and their giant labrador because the teachers at our school district were on strike. The dog took up the most room in the tent and I ended up smashed against the side of the tent while it poured rain. After spending the night soaked and shivering, I figured out that camping is just not for me! I have no plans to ever camp again!

Another Scout Mom here -- the last time I slept in a tent was two years ago, at a Pack family campout. Now that DS is a Boy Scout, he likes to go with the Troop, and doesn't want any parents around to embarass him!

DH and I plan to take both DS and DD camping for a week this summer. The first time I slept in a tent, DD was still in diapers. Over the years we've learned a lot about how to be comfortable when camping. We have one of those screen tents to put over the picnic bench so we can eat our meals without too many bugs bothering us, and we have two large storage containers filled with items that are just for camping. One has all the "kitchen gear" like a cast-iron frying pan, plates, silverware, etc. The other has all our "bedroom gear" like air mattresses, camping pillows, the pump for the air mattresses, extra blankets, towels and wash cloths.

I never thought I'd enjoy camping, but if you're properly prepared, it can be a lot of fun. The only drawback for us is that DH needs a Cpap at night for his sleep apnea and we haven't found a backup power source that will keep his Cpap running all night, so we have to find campgrounds with electrical hookups.

About 18 years ago on a college co-ed fraternity hiking trip. But DS7 is loving Cub Scouts, so I'm sure we'll be camping more in the next few years. My idea of camping is to drive to the site and set up tent, air mattress, etc. DH's idea of camping is hike three miles carrying everything you need...we haven't settled on a compromise yet :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter