• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Second Child ID Ideas...

ThreeMusketeers

DIS Veteran
We leave in a couple weeks, and I think its too late to order anything now, does anyone have any ideas for kid id's that I could make or pick up at Walmart or something?

We used the pet tags from Petsmart. Put our cell #'s and last name on it. Looped it through our 2yr olds shoelaces. People loved it when they noticed it.

You get them from the machines in the store that engrave the pet ID tags for 2-3 dollars

DisFam95 said:
We used the pet tags from Petsmart. Put our cell #'s and last name on it. Looped it through our 2yr olds shoelaces. People loved it when they noticed it.

You get them from the machines in the store that engrave the pet ID tags for 2-3 dollars

ooo..Thank you! Love this idea. Running there tommarrow! Thanks again.

Its not to late to order an ID for your kids. Go to www.idonme.com to order a really neat ID bracelet. It comes in a bunch of colors with 3 different types of straps. I actually put it around my kids ankles, under their socks. It holds a really neatly folded piece of paper that you fill out with all your information. The compartment is water resistant and it even comes with a Medic Alert sticker to attach if you need it. (I put the alert on my DS10 - Asthma). I don't really go anywhere without them anymore. My kids love them. I got my order within a week so there is still time.

I took a friend's little boy to a Wiggles concert, and I wanted him to have my cell phone number on him just in case. I wrote my name and cell phone number in permanent ink on a small piece of duct tape, and put it at the bottom inside of his shirt. This will work in a pinch (and it sticks really good, so it won't fall off if it gets wet).

Drizzo67 said:
Its not to late to order an ID for your kids. Go to www.idonme.com to order a really neat ID bracelet. It comes in a bunch of colors with 3 different types of straps. I actually put it around my kids ankles, under their socks. It holds a really neatly folded piece of paper that you fill out with all your information. The compartment is water resistant and it even comes with a Medic Alert sticker to attach if you need it. (I put the alert on my DS10 - Asthma). I don't really go anywhere without them anymore. My kids love them. I got my order within a week so there is still time.

These can be used more than once, right? Which one do you use, the original one or the new snap lid ones, is there much of a difference?

TIA

I have ordered from idonme.com as well and the order came quickly. I also have dog tags from armynavy.com. I ordered them on a Friday and had them on Monday. I ordered the long and short versions. My son can easily wear the chain and I loop the small one through my daughter belts loop and tuck it in her pocket.

Shell

SouthFLMommy said:
These can be used more than once, right? Which one do you use, the original one or the new snap lid ones, is there much of a difference?

TIA

I use the snap lid ones. They even give you a few info forms so they can be used over and over again. We were going to use the dogtag idea but my DD's sneakers don't have laces and DS said he'd feel like there is something stuck on his shoe all the time.

My DD wears hers like a bracelet sometimes and Ds wears his around his ankle. It lays flat so its not wiggling about.

When my son was little I used to write our name and phone number on his diaper when we went places,luckily I don't know if it worked, but I thought someone would have to change his diaper

Kind of an ID in reverse....

I always carry a photo of DS with me even on vacation...just for identifiable reasons. When he was younger his elementary school did the Safe ID thing, complete with fingerprint...carried that until he got too big...now that he's 13 I use the extra copy of his school ID.

In the past I worked as an interpreter in public schools and one year the student I worked with went on a school field trip that I had to accompany him. This was junior high age kids and they were allowed to go off in the theme park in pairs so I didn't want to follow the poor kid around like his paranoid momma, and since he was profoundly deaf, I wanted to be sure he had some way to get assistance. I made an ID card for him to carry on a 3 X 5 notecard. I put his name, the school's name, my name, my cell phone number, and instructions that he was Deaf and in case of emergency to contact me immeadiately as I was his interpreter and was in the park also. Then I just laminated it (knowing he'd be going on the water rides) by using clear packing tape. I think I even put a photo of myself on the card so park employees would know what I looked like. Fortunately, we never had to use it.

Some people call me over-protective, but I just call myself prepared....I was a girl scout ya know...lol

Laura - that was a fantastic idea. Well done.

Dina Marie

I wrote my cell phone number on the inside hat band of the baseball caps my kids will be wearing. This will work for the ones old enough to remember it's there, at least! (They know the number, but I'm worried that in a panic of being lost, they may not be able to remember it.) The little ones I'm doing the number written on tape and put inside the hem of their shirt idea.

Go to your DMV. Get state issued ID"S for each of them for you to keep with you. Write a phone number in permanent ink in each of their shoes.

As a precaution, use your digital camera and take a picture of the kids in the morning prior to going out for the day. Heaven forbid you get separated, you don't have to remember what you put on your child in the morning. You have an accurate and current photo of what your child was wearing.

Eeyore'sthebest - Great idea and it works. I also do it for DH. We got separated at the fair so I used his digital photo when I was asking around. (He forgot were the meeting place was!)

Last time I laminated (with clear contact paper since that's flexible) little id cards with my child's name, picture, my cell phone number and resort. Then I had them put them in one of their shoes. They knew if they were lost, to take off their shoe and give the id to a CM.

I also carried current pics with me. I won't be doing it this time b/c they are older.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter